Public land Control?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I guess we had not seen the end of this when Ron Paul came out in favor of our Nations Public Lands becoming turned into State lands. I got this E-mail today...

"From: SAC Info <[email protected]>
Subject: Meeting July 30
To:
Date: Friday, July 13, 2012, 9:50 AM

I just spoke with Demar Dahl, Elko County Commissioner. He headed up the Congressional Hearing in Elko a few months ago. He's still working on Forest Service issues, primarily Travel Management. But he's also looking at other issues including getting the western states the right to control their own lands, rather than the federal government. He's very excited to spread the word about local control of federal lands, and the benefits to our communities.

Check out this website http://americanlandscouncil.org/ which he says doesn't have a lot of information on it yet, but they're building their organization and the website. Rep. Ken Ivory from Utah is the president.

Also check this website: http://arewenotastate.com/

Demar said he and his group will be in Reno July 30 for a meeting. He wants to drive over to Quincy that evening and have a meeting with interested people. He's especially interested in talking with County Supervisors but he wants to reach as many people as he can.

The meeting will be July 30 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Quincy Library. Demar Dahl and Ken Ivory will be there to talk to the public. County Supervisor Lori Simpson will facilitate the meeting.

Please spread the word. Demar would like to reach as many people as possible."

Joey here, two things: How much state controlled lands are we allowed access on to hunt and fish now? Who controls the Votes in Cali and Nevada now? Very little and the anti-hunting libs! IMO, This change, if came to pass, would do us Sportsmen much more harm than good!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

States won't be for that because then they lose all those federal dollars.........

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom