Pryor Mtns.

I have...and I work up there quite a bit...

Dont waste your time.... I know 5 guys that had the tag this year and spent probably 40 days in there this season total... One guy killed a 22 inch 140 buck....

The others went and killed whitetails other places...

Unlimited means just that, anyone that applies gets a tag and is restricted to only hunting mule deer in that unit. Unlimited tags are issued to units with struggling mule deer herds. The program seems to work since most hunters dont put in for unlimited units because that is all they can hunt.

I don't know about the pryors but have heard 380 (Elkhorns) has gotten better in the last 5 years. I personally have never gotten an unlimited tag so I cant tell you a whole lot.

One more thing. If you go to fwp hunt planner you can see how many people drew the unlimited tag for whatever area you want.

Yea, that's kind of what I heard about the pryors. It used to be a pretty good area, just thought I would see what other people have seen or heard about the area. Unlimited permits does nothing to rebuild or improve the quality, have talked to the area bio's. and they confirmed this and admitted that the unlmited plan did not work or is not working as planned. In fact they have seen a increase of hunters since turning the pryors into a unlimited area. This area is right down the road from MT. largest city, with the economy the way it is, this area seems to get slammed, with people thinking a unlimited permit area must be "special".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom