Provo

A

archerelk

Anyone able to give me any insight on Provo, UT? Considering a move and have never been there. How is it for equestrian activities, cost of living, quality of life?

I'm north of Provo but I can comment on the equestrian activities. Provo canyon has some fun and scenic trails and American fork canyon is close by and it's one of my favorite places to ride. If your riding is more of the arena type there are numerous riding arenas and different events from roping to hunter jumper events. Mounted shooting is gaining speed around here and my wife shoots in Spanish fork which south of Provo and they are doing mounted shooting practice in cedar fort which is close to Provo. In the winter I ride on the other side of cedar fort so I can ride year round with a short trailer haul. Provo is also close to utah lake which is popular with water skiers and jet ski type fun. The fishing used to be all right in utah lake but its been years since I have fished it. That's about all I know about provo

I would not wish living in provo on my worst enemy. Those rocky mountain jews can even wierd out your avarage rocky mountain jew.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>I would not wish living in
>provo on my worst enemy.
> Those rocky mountain jews
>can even wierd out your
>avarage rocky mountain jew.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Provo is the last place on earth I'd choose to live.

We lived in Provo for about 14 years. Didn't mind leaving it, and haven't missed it in 12 years. As for your horsing around try the Diamond Fork riding club. If your not into groups I always liked riding up Hobble Creek Canyon. We Used to keep horses up there and just rode right from the barn. We live in Sanpete Co. now and I wouldn't trade for Provo for nothing.

That entire valley feels like LA to me every time i go back to visit family. I can't believe i lived in that rat race for 44 years. I wouldn't even suggest further north to the American Fork area!

Provo is a sh!t hole. If you are dead set on Utah county go as far south as possible...Better yet, Wasatch county. Stones throw from all the good horse county you could wish for, better air, less zoobies, traffic is non existent. I'd rather be homeless than live anywhere in Utah county!
Bottom line is DON'T DO IT!

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-13 AT 08:02PM (MST)[p]I've lived enough places to know that every place has its good and bad. I lived in Provo for seven years and all three of my kids have since gone to school there. I liked it a lot, especially the easy access to all things outdoor. I wouldn't mind living there now except that I've been able to make a lot more money by being willing to move to other states--too many accountants there that are willing to work for next-to-nothing just so they can stay there.

My one hang up about it is the drivers. You can't bring that many kids from all over the world that bring the driver culture from where ever they're from and concentrate them into that tight of an area and not have some driver issues. What cracks me up is how they all blame it on the Utah drivers, but I've driven other parts of Utah enough to know that Provo is its own special catastrophe in that regard...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom