Proposed Bear Reg Changes

I think it should be in the Utah forum.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Well, since it's a "general hunting" forum, and there are MANY other posts relative to a variety of states, I think it's just fine to be posted here.

As to the OP, I'm not a bear hunter, but I would think that if the new regs are not a detriment to the overall health of the resource and provides additional hunting opportunity at the same time, why not?

"..another key focus of this plan is to monitor the overall health of the bear population. A southern California bear parasite expert has been enlisted to use groundbreaking parasite testing techniques to determine the health of the host bear." The division did not comment on the program further other than to say it goes by the name Operation BuckSnort.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Well, since it's a "general hunting"
>forum, and there are MANY
>other posts relative to a
>variety of states, I think
>it's just fine to be
>posted here.

LOL...Inside joke, but thank you for participating.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The new pursuit seasons in some units are interesting, as are the new quota units (as opposed to the current LE).

The one that interests me is the Southeast Units having only a few LE Fall tags and tons of the spot/stock Fall tags. I am sitting on 10 points trying to hunt La Sal Fall, so this might kill my odds if others with max points aren't willing to go to spot/stock only. Only time will tell.

I am all for using less effective hunting methods to get more people in the field with equal animals taken. It is the best way to get hunter participation and maintain our wildlife, plus it will decrease the point-creep.

Grizzly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom