Pronghorn Photos

buglinbilly

Very Active Member
I was born and raised in Wyoming and as a young kid became very fond of antelope. I moved from there many years ago and so I miss so much of what i once had and did.

But each year I go back to Wyoming with my camera and spend time in pronghorn country taking photos of them, their country and some of the other critters that share their habitat.

Here are few of the many thousand I took this summer and last fall. If anyone else takes pronghorn photos or photos of their country, please feel free to post them on this post.

I hope some of you pronghorn guys enjoy a few of these photos.

306.jpg

327.jpg

325.jpg

4-5.jpg

323.jpg

328.jpg

3-6.jpg

308.jpg

1-9.jpg

2-6.jpg

324.jpg

388.jpg

390.jpg

386.jpg

367.jpg

372.jpg

356.jpg

297.jpg

296.jpg

242.jpg

240.jpg

278.jpg

272.jpg

246.jpg

286.jpg

231.jpg

223.jpg

207.jpg

201.jpg

190.jpg
181.jpg

186.jpg

169.jpg

175.jpg

142.jpg

107.jpg

134.jpg

117-1.jpg

105.jpg

101.jpg

106.jpg

96-1.jpg

339.jpg

Hope I didn't do too many but that gives you little idea of antelope country. Most years I get a photo or two of coyotes but I did not see one single dog this year. I did hear a few howling in the distance.

Have a good one. BB

Billy every year I wait for your photos and as always they never disappoint. I as well am an antelope fan. I have no idea why but I would much rather watch a herd of antelope than a herd of deer or elk. I guess the only thing I've every seen that could rival the enjoyment of watching antelope is spring bucks, or black wildebeest but their difficult to find in Wyoming. Thanks again for making the winter go faster.

Brillaint as always! You are right up there with Leonard Lee Rue III with your photographic skills!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-12 AT 04:30PM (MST)[p]Love these threads you post up, keep them coming if you like I never get tired of seeing antelope pictures - awesome little critters!!.
That buck you have towards the middle, maybe about the 14th picture or so, taht buck looks like a twin to the one I got this year.
Thanks for posting.

Always amazed with the quality photos you post. Gotta ask what kind of camera/lens setup you use if you don't mind.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-12 AT 08:24AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the nice compliments. I am just a beginner at this photography stuff, but i sure do love it. I wished I had started doing this when I was young. My strong suit is that over 50 years of bowhunting has taught me what I have to do to get close to critters.

I use two cameras most of the time. I use a Panasonic FZ-100 on some of my photos, but the most of the time I use my Olympus E-5 which it a top line DSLR. I also have use 4 or so different lenses with that camera depending upon the occasion.

If any of you like mule deer, here a link to some photos I posted a day or so ago here on MM.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID30/1472.html#9

516.jpg

494.jpg

456.jpg

431.jpg

469.jpg

460.jpg

420.jpg

435.jpg

451.jpg

411.jpg

400.jpg

402-1.jpg

414.jpg

410.jpg

443.jpg

462.jpg

442.jpg

453.jpg

510.jpg

504.jpg

502.jpg

492.jpg

Here are few more for you pronghorn guys. Have a good one. BB

BB-thx, these are amazing publ-quality photos. That's gotta take a lot of work, patience and time.....

BB-next time, if you can, post only about 5 or so pics at a time and you'll get more of an audience. It's taking my comp 2 minutes to load all the pics to the display.

doug

awesome photos BB, but those badger photos just reminded me of my child hood days of having to give the old shake and bake maneuver to evade them little rascals! :)

As always great closeup pics. Your pics help keep us going through the winter, thanks Billy. BTW those are the prettiest badgers I've ever seen. Ours in Ks. don't look that nice.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom