Pronghorn for dad

P

plainsman08

Guys, I realized something the other day...my days of hunting with my dad are running out. I have 4 points for pronghorn and he has 0 so I figured I would burn mine so we could go this fall. He is disabled with arthritis in his back and can't walk for very long but he will push himself harded than he should when hunting. I am looking at some low 70's units but am open to suggestions. I really just want to give him a quality hunt and spend some time with him...... Any ideas?

"In the breast of every meat hunter there beats the heart of a secret, frustrated trophy hunter."

I'm not 100% possitive but I think 70 is fairly difficult due to a lot of private. The reason I assume this, is that it is right along the Platte River and land along rivers is usually private. The others would be decent hunts with 72,73,74,75 all having a lot of public ground and quite a few goats.

PY

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-14 AT 11:08AM (MST)[p]70 and 71 are similar like he stated and take less than 1PP for a 100% draw due to private land. 72 was 100% draw with 2PPs last year. 73 was only 25.71% success with less than 3PPs. The other even take more to have a chance in the regular draw. I might suggest unit 27 up in the National Grasslands south of Gillette. It has good numbers and some decent bucks if you have time to look for them. 27 was 100% draw with 2PPs last year and with less than 2PPs went down to 80%, so it wouldn't be guaranteed to draw with your 2PP average as a party, but probable.

Thank you!! I am not going to tell him anything about it, just wait until he gets a tag :)

"In the breast of every meat hunter there beats the heart of a secret, frustrated trophy hunter."

If you can get 73 with the special do that. We road hunted the entire time, saw tons of bucks with my dad and killed 3 bucks in 2 days 72-75" saw 2 bigger but didnt get them

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom