Pronghorn-Cutters

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
Got busy and forgot to post this years Wyoming Antelope. Horn size was down unit wide and after looking at 500 plus bucks saw the cool headgear on this guy and decided he was the one. (I passed with my bow a cool 17 inch Buck with NO prongs-a genetic flaw-was like a giant Mt Goat...but that is another story) Patterned him and zapped him opener. Tons of deductions and no lower mass so I knew he would not score well but those prongs really stood out ( No no photoshop)

Pretty sure he was a buck I knew from last year.

Love hunting those Pronghorns

68031.jpg

Curious to know what this goat scores.

He's a beautiful goat no matter what he scores. I really like the way huge prongs look! Very few grow to over 7".

My guess is mid to high 70's. If I can see by a look or few basic measurements my animal won't make book or awards I don't put a "add up" tape on it. Just me. I have seen thousands and thousands of bucks over the years and he had the "coolest" looking head. It was fun to find him... pattern him and the final stalk was long tough one that actually put me point blank behind the rocks he is laying on. He was 30 yards on the nearside of those rocks....bow range.

Wyoming is awesome to let you fill your tag either bow or rifle...

I had spent about 12 days bow hunting in this region and passed on numerous bucks including another cool buck I will look for next year. He came to water facing me and I could see he was about 17 inches...a LOOOONG horn. He turned his head and he had gentic flaw....ZERO prongs...not a break off... where the prong would normally be it actaully sort of dipped in. After I passed I kept thinking how unquie he was...one long sabre.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom