Progressive loader

muzz

Long Time Member
Looking to get a progressive reloader, which is best with stick powder for accuracy? I hear with stick powder there not accurate with charges.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

In any powder measurer the cylindrical powder will be less accurate than spherical powders. With that said, you can get fairly accurate loads with progressive loading with either powders. Seldom will your loads be as accurate as hand-weighed charges.
With some progressive presses you can use whatever powder measurer you want. With others (Dillon) you will use their brand. They are all pretty darn good if you're loading fodder which is for use in an application where top accuracy isn't required (Pistol, shotgun and or plinking stuff).
I load most of my ammo on a progressive press but all hunting and serious target anmmo is loaded one at a time and charged hand -weighed.
I hope that helps,
Zeke

+1 Zeke.

I have been using a Dillion RL550B for over 20 years. Love it! I also use a single stage press for my "hand-thrown" loads. The Dillion powder measure works quite well with the "short cut", flake and ball powders, however nothing is as accurate as "hand-thrown" charges.
I have heard good reports on several other progressive presses but have no hands-on experience using them.
Good Luck!

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence. I fear none and respect all."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom