Pro-Hunting Celebs

I sat in on Karl Malone's talk at the outdoor expo a few years back and he told a story about when his wife and kids went to Shaq's house for a birthday party and saw a bear that was mounted and in his house. Karl's wife asked him where he got the bear and he answered MIAMI. Talking to Karl after I asked him if he was serious and he said he was. I had to laugh a little about that one.

There was some hot actress chick a few years ago who went on Jay Leno and shot a 3d deer on stage, talked about shooting an elk with her bow. I will think of her name at some point.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-12 AT 12:31PM (MST)[p]There are lots and lots of other celebrity types that could be added to that list.

These are some of the ones I have personally hunted with over the last 40 years:

Bo Jackson
Wade Boggs
Davey Allison (NASCAR RIP)
Dale Earnhart (NASCAR RIP)
Richard Childress (NASCAR team owner)
Bruce Sutter (Hall of Fame pitcher)
Lynn Dickey (Kansas City Chiefs QB)
Tony Adams (Kansas City Chiefs QB)
Freddy Patek (Kansas City Royals SS)
Jim Eisenreich (Kansas City Royals OF)
Jody Davis (Atlanta Braves C)
Steve Bartkowski(Greenbay Packer QB)
Joe Engle (astronaut)

And lastly....Jim "you know what I mean, Vern" Varney (RIP), better known as Earnest! He hunted with a traditional longbow with cedar arrows!

Here's a cover of mine with Varney, me and my whitetail that was taken at a Buckmaster Classic in Alabama in 1990.

6309varney.jpg

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-12 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]I remember watching Varney on Buckmasters a way back. He was a tremendous advocate for hunters and gun owners. RIP Jim.

Eldorado