PRIVATE MESSAGES

Hunting_Oregon

what is the deal with having them soo damn hidden?

what is the best way of getting to your Inbox? the way i have figured it out is a super round about where you click "user" then "lobby" then you can see if you have them. why not make it visible from everyday searching?

"Life's tough... It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

They are really not that hard to find.....When you are at the main forum page and if you recieved any new ones a red clickable button will show that will take you to them....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON May-12-09 AT 10:07AM (MST)[p]Sorry, Jason beat me to it.....here was my response:

There's actually a much easier way. When you log on and come to the message board, there are several small sub-headings above in blue.(logout, help, etc...) Simply click on "inbox" and check your mail. Furthermore, if you have a new message pending, there will be a red flag directly above the "conferences" heading on the main forum as well. Hope it helps.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Really now, if they were easier to find they wouldn't be very private would they?

+1 what bohunter says

I see where and how to get to the messages that were sent to me easy enough, i've wondered why i can't find or see the messages that i sent back in return? It would be nice to have that record.

Joey

"the way i have figured it out is a super round about where you click "user" then "lobby" "

Those two mouse clicks really take it out of a guy hey?... Terry

>"the way i have figured it
>out is a super round
>about where you click "user"
>then "lobby" "
>
>Those two mouse clicks really take
>it out of a guy
>hey?... Terry

Haha good point :) but the only thing is I don't remember to check and it doesn't make it visable from a regular everday forum searching. so i just check and i had one from over a month ago.

That's the only reason I am complaining. I'm just saying make it more visable.

- John Wayne

HTF could it get more visible???....it is plastered with a big red flag at the top of the main forums page when you have a new PM....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Nobody has answered my question! Why can't i see or have there to see, my responses to PM's that were sent to me?

If i've missed something or if it was intended that way, i'd like to know how to bring those "sent" messages up, or, i could just live with it as it's still a nice feature as is, even if i'm thinking it could be better to have a record of both sides of any communication.

Also, being we're on the subject. How exactly private are PM's? Can the Mod's access this mail? How about Founder? Just wondering!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON May-13-09 AT 00:52AM (MST)[p]>Nobody has answered my question! Why
>can't i see or have
>there to see, my responses
>to PM's that were sent
>to me?

I can see mine. Maybe you are being singled out.

>
> If i've missed something or
>if it was intended that
>way, i'd like to know
>how to bring those "sent"
>messages up, or, i could
>just live with it as
>it's still a nice feature
>as is, even if i'm
>thinking it could be better
>to have a record of
>both sides of any communication.

Never had a problem with that. :)

>
>
>Also, being we're on the subject.
>How exactly private are PM's?
>Can the Mod's access this
>mail? How about Founder? Just
>wondering!

If you have a little line on your home page that says "16131 Active users" then the mods can read your PMs. Otherwise they are private. They keep an eye on some people. That is their marker.

well there is my problem. i have my computer set to remember me so I never get shown the log in page or the page after that.

thanks for the instructions. i figured out that you can by pass those two little steps by just clicking "conferences".

oh and Joey the only time i have ever had my original messages get sent back is when the person didn't delete it from the spot where you type the new responses. so i received the response and my original message back. doesn't really answer your question just one thing i have noticed.

- John Wayne

"oh and Joey the only time i have ever had my original messages get sent back is when the person didn't delete it from the spot where you type the new responses. so i received the response and my original message back. doesn't really answer your question just one thing i have noticed."

I think that's correct.

Unless of course your son-in-law figured out how to hack into the system and you can read all PMs. Thanks for all the honey hole locations! J/K!

Is anything on the internet really secure and private?

Eel

Hunting_Oregon, "...when they didn't delete it"

Yes and Thanks, i've noticed that as well. Not a very reliable system as "some do some don't," and if i'm the last one to send communication, there'll be no record of that one sent either.

Eel, All kidding aside, i'm not really a very paranoid person. I do believe it is a fair question to hopefully receive an honest answer.

I usually just call people but there are lots little guys setting up in telephone poles, listening to our calls. :)

Joey

Also, being we're on the subject. How exactly private are PM's? Can the Mod's access this mail? How about Founder? Just wondering!

Joey

THE PM's ARE PRIVATE BETWEEN THE INDIVIDUALS WHO SEND AND RECEIVE THEM. NO ONE NOT EVEN THE FOUNDER CAN SEE WHAT IS BEING SAID BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE.

IF HE COULD, I BET THERE WOULD BE A LOT MORE MM'ers KICKING BEER CANS DOWN THE ROAD...........lol

Brian

unless, of course, there is a court order... :)

Being a LAN administrator I can tell you that NOTHING on a network, nothing on the internet, is really private if need be. However, as I tell most people who ask me these types of questions, most network admins have far more important things to do than to sit around and browse through other peoples stuff. I have lots of people who think I can see their password on a mail or telephone account. No I can't, but in most applications I administer I do have the power to reset it so I can get in anyway. Always cracks me up when someone has to give me their password to set something up and then two months later they think I will still remember it. I have enough trouble remembering my own. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom