Prices of Wood Sheds is Pricey

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
I had my 25-year-old woodshed/Tuff Shed sold for $1,000.00 and the guy was going to rent a Forklift to come lift it on a trailer.

He bailed out of the deal.

After pricing to get a new one ($10k) to replace the old one, I gotta admit I was glad he did bail out on buying it.

I had just put new shingles on it about 3 years ago.

I decided to re-surface the outside, as the inside is in great shape, and to get a door built/installed ($1k) professionally by Tuff Shed.

I'm into it right @ $1,215.00, and I'm really happy with the outcome.

I'm just waiting on the door.

Robb

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

After stripping off all the old wood trim, I got to work.

I enjoy using my Ryobi Calking Gun and Braid Nailer.

I've always been at least 1 bead of LQ Nails guy when installing wood.

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

I went with 5ft. lengths of Cedar Fencing slats and then I've always used Linseed Oil on outside projects and Polyurethane on inside projects as the Polly always seems to bubble and flake after a year or 2 outside in the weather.

I just went structured design on the sides and back but did a more option direction design on the front.

Not a bad project for a few days.

The new door is going to really finalize the project look.

Anyone else just re-surface instead of replacing?

Robb

IMG_1976.jpg

Last edited:
I build portable buildings for a living. That shed would have cost you around $3500, plus tax, with my company, StorMor. That being said, I like your results.

I like the idea of refacing. I just did a resurfacing of an old, out of square, plumb and level shed with some of the leftover material of the main house I did. The shed should have been torn down and replaced or rebuilt. I’m not the best about picture taking but it turned out good. For sure it will last another 15 years at least since it was so bad before and the pricing didn’t take care of all of its needs. In my part of northern az, there are a lot of shed businesses. Some are financing people and it seems like a predatory type of thing since a lot of us are poor and dumb that we will take delivery of something like a shed and pay big time over it’s life or have the repo guy take it back with a trailer. Some people are actually living in sheds in the 40 acre outskirts around here.

I’ve built a lot of sheds over the years. We used to build one at many of the new homes we were building and it was kind of easy when you were already in concrete, framing or roofing mode during the main construction. It matched the finished house as well. It also served as a catch all storage to keep the important house construction clean and moving.

Edit:
I found one picture. The corners of the siding line up perfectly, the light and shadows don’t show it very well. The existing door is just a piece of plywood with added 2x for strength and brake metal. I used leftover vinyl soffit vertically to fill it in. It’s not done in the pic, I trued up the metal and added red R Panel roofing after the blocking was straightened as good as it was going to get.

E62857E7-ED9D-40A5-9350-A32D4E9A04C3.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd get your $1000 back for that door 😄
I'm glad to see you redo your shed in this age of throw away and buy new. Seems like everything is disposable now days.

It's a Ryobi 18 volt Caulking Gun.

True that Bessy.

It took me a time or 2 using it to get adjusted to the steady flow of caulk, now I hate using the ole hand squeeze-n-caulk gun.

I used a roller and then a brush for the Linseed Oil.

Here is the inside of the old door with the actual metal frame/attachment.

I went back and forth on re-building it myself but doing a 4 hands needed project with just my 2 hands, awkward and heavy too....NAH, go professional.

I'll prolly take the metal door frame off, once I get the new door installed and sell it.

Robb

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_7483.jpg

Last edited:
Your shed is a beauty, and coming along nicely. Even with the price of materials still, you're saving some big bucks. For comparison, here is my TuffShed I got last year when we moved to the Boise area. Had a good sale price, with a bunch of extra options, but it was still $4000 with a 7-year warranty.

IMG_4450.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

The old door and metal frame is already $old ($150.00).

They want to take it off themselves, so it goes with them.

I don't know if that is a good price or not but it's fine by me.

Good looking T-Shed blank.

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom