Price of Propane?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
I have a 100 gal tank outside that needs filling about twice a year. I use it for some heating and my hot water. Last year the Propane Co i deal with gave me a price of $2.75 a gal. This year i hear of other Co's offering all the way down to under $2.00 a gallon. So i called my Co, "what's my price this year and can you compete with the other Co's who are selling for cheaper"? She had to talk to the boss about it.

Next day, i get a callback saying they'd knock off $.50 a gallon, make it $2.25. Fill it i said.

This same Co., charges some of it's regular clients over $4.00 a gallon for same product! Something seems rotten about this whole mess. I'm glad to get a break on my price but is it fair that those who don't question the price get hammered?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Good to know Joey!! We've got a 300 gallon tank behind the cabin. I checked it in October and it was about 40% full so I'll be refilling it this spring. Grandpa has always taken care of that but he passed away in November. All I know is he uses a company out of Evanston WY...I'll have to see if I can find receipts from previous purchases because I guarantee if he could have got cheaper than asking price, he woulda figured it out!!

No it ain't fair but what is, ya know??

~Z~

Was it Amerigas?

2311idiot.jpg

Good guess! Yes

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The last couple years Propane Ain't been the way to go,it's been in the 2.29-2.79 per gallon range!

About 2 months ago I got it for 1.13 a gallon!

I know a couple Guys that bought 10,000 Gallons & got it for .95 cents a gallon!

Never thought I'd ever see it this Low but then again you ought to see the amount of Propane they are Flaring around here,WAJ!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

kilbuc, Don't start! Every friggen question that comes on this site from a member who lives in calif seems to get the "oh, what do you expect, you live in Calif" treatment and becomes a Cali bashing thread. Don't even start!

So just in case you might have a valid reason to offer in asking that question, i'll ask you, Why Do You Ask?

Amerigas is a huge Co. They are supposed to be the largest propane dealer in OUR COUNTRY. I don't believe that this is just a "Cali thing" or i would have put it in the Cali Forum.

Some good responses guys, thanks. If a guy can save $50-$200 a tank, why not save it. For those of us with seasonal self-employment, that's lot of groceries!

Joey

>
>
>I had enough of Amerigas BS
>and switched to Ferrellgas this
>summer.
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

Me and cupsy will fill your kona cabin with methane gas and won't charge you a plug nickle.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>>
>>
>>I had enough of Amerigas BS
>>and switched to Ferrellgas this
>>summer.
>>
>>
>>
2311idiot.jpg

>
>
>Me and cupsy will fill your
>kona cabin with methane gas
>and won't charge you a
>plug nickle.
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

The 2 of you already did that.

2311idiot.jpg

Joey, same thing happened to me with Suburban propane.. I called around seeking better prices with different companies and called them back to tell them that I can get propane from another local company for almost half of what I was paying Suburban (no BS it was almost twice as expensive per gallon) they told me they charge that muck because they offer a better service by offering to re light pilot lights such...I told them they were way overcharging and the lady said she could match the price from the smaller company... This made me realize just how much their profit margin is so I told her I will no longer do business with them...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

So.....I'm confused. Do they sell propane by volume or weight?

I buy the 1 lb canisters for my campstove. If it's sold by volume, they probably deliver on hot days only?

This whole propane thing pisses me off.:)

Eel

Hey Eel?

By the Gallon Buddy!

If you could see how much Propane they are Flaring around here you'd really be sayin:This whole Propane thing REALLY pisses me off!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-12 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]They delivered my Propane today as scheduled.

Because of budget concerns, i again had requested a max of 100 gals be delivered, i always do. Before the driver left, i asked him how many gals and when he looked at the meter he said, "took quite a bit, 135 gallons".

I had budgeted $300. but when i figured in the savings from the reduced price, i then expected to only have to pay about $225., great! But being he filled her to the brim, 135 gallons, with my better price it will still be close to budget of $300...but/plus i got more fuel.

I'm not going to complain of getting more fuel than i pointedly requested. I could i guess but this is a very small community and this is a potential battle not worth winning.

Bess, price of Propane so cheap back there, are lots of commuter rigs running propane instead of gas or "D"? You'd think so?

Edit; Snort, thanks for the input. Yes, i think it pays to check into a guys pricing and one of the reasons that i posted this up. Why pay more than you should? I hope many guys here look into their own price and save some cash!

Joey

Hey sage!

Back when alot of these Guys could get Propane for Free there were a few Propane Rigs running around!

Thanks to Propane prices going sky high just a few years ago I don't see many Rigs runnin on Propane now!

Might be some Guys go back to it though!

Diesel prices are OutRageous around here 3.96-4.39 a gallon!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Thanks Bessy!!

Snort, i forgot to mention, Suburban propane and Amerigas are now the same Co. One bought out the other, not sure which, not too long ago.

Joey

Joey, That's good to know, and it makes sense..Here in my town folks are pretty discusted with suburban and have switched to a small local provider (Mountainflame) that treats folks better and is easier on the checkbook...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Sage....In my former life I lived in Kali, longer than you have. I also used Amerigas while in Kali. Nuf said.

"Sage....In my former life I lived in Kali, longer than you have."

Yeah? well my Daddy would pound your Daddy! lol

What the heck does living here longer than somebody have to do with anything when all you care to do is jump in and inform everybody why you are so glad that you left? Read the thread again, the rest here mostly had something to contribute even if only a joke!

For your Info, i'm from Farm & Ranch stock, 59 years old next month, and fifth generation Californian on both sides of my Family. You so sure you got something over on me, you should also see the country i get/have gotten to live.

"I also used Amerigas while in Kali. Nuf said."

Nuff Said? Millions of people rely on Amerigas! Until i learn different, you're just another Kali troll that loves to drop in ever Kali related thread that they see to brag about how good they have it now that they left. No good at all in helping the thread along! nuff said!

Guys, Just noticed that i have a union in the gas piping on the outside as it comes into my house. As a plumber, i have ran quite a few propane lines, we don't have Natural Gas here, to the BBQ area to eliminate the need for bottled gas for the BBQ. I probably BBQ'd over 100 meals this past year right in that same area. It won't be long for me and i'll have that hooked up too, PITA and expensive getting that 5 gallon tank filled.

Joey

Joey, most of those ex-Californias that moved to other states are from the Southern CA. area or bay area. They have no ideal of the great living conditions us Northern CA. folks have and would not change it for any other state.

They left the rat race where they lived and figure that the whole state is a cesspool like where they lived. The funny part about it, the locals where they moved too, complain about them moving to their state and bringing their CA. ways with them and wishing they would move back.

RELH

RELH, yeah, i figure. I'm just getting tired of all these threads turning into a "lets bash the Kali boys again" and it seems to always come from the same set of guys! Get a life! lol

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom