Price Check (Swarovski)

R

RJ

I have the opportunity to purchase a used pair of Swaro SLC 10x42 that were made around 1995. Optics are flawless, warranty information has never been registered etc for $550. A few external cosmetic blemishes. Would you do it if you had the funds?

I can't imagine people still take advantage of others like that.
487be8be21e93141.jpg

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-08 AT 06:19PM (MST)[p]I am assuming by the reponses that it is a good deal.

Yep.

The SLCs are a great bino. I've read several places that the SLC is optically identical to the EL, at least in the last few years, although the 95 version may be different. If that is the case, all you're giving up with the SLC is the bridge design and a few ounces.

I consider my SLCs to be a lifetime binocular.

I bought mine back in early 2001 through an Archery shop in Utah and they were brand new in the box. Got them for just under $900 if memory serves me right. They are what is determinded to be "gray market" but still a great set and I don't abuse them. Best investment I have made for optics.
The following year I bought the Swarovski Spotting scope through a Licensed Dealer and got the spotter for under $1,200 and they are about 5-600 more now and climbing each year.

Brian

swarovski will update them at no charge and put the newest lenses in them for $100 if they are glasses that have a warranty that you can use.....I would guess that if you call the warranty center and tell them you want them cleaned up and updated, they will warranty them..they will ask for the serial number...

JB

Does swarovski care if I bought them from the original owner? I mean do I need to be careful and not let them know that I am not the original owner or do they just not care as long as they haven't been registered?

If you have had a chance to check them out then that is a good deal. I have a pair of more recent 8x30's, and 15x56's, along with a spotter and they are all wonderful. I never registered by 15's and had to get replacement eye cups. I was worried as the rules say they are supposed to be registered within some predetermined time period that I can not remember. I will say they never blinked, but they did register them at the time and immediately sent me brand new eyecups. You will hear excellent things about the service.

What I might do is take you friend up on his offer with the caveat that you verify thay you can register and use the warranty. You take them, call the service center and get them sent in for a servicing, if they accept them with no problems you pay the friend.

This isn't a friend. It was on craigslist. I did call and verify that they were unregistered.

My wife just said they arrived in the mail today. I am pumped.

I think you'll be pleased.

On last years hunt I compared my 10x42 SLCs to my friends $100 10x42 Bushnell specials. During the day we could tell a small but noticeable difference and I started to wonder why I spent so much $$$. But once the sun went down and it started getting dark the difference between the two was significant. Literally a night and day difference.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom