Preparation

Stonefly

Very Active Member
Was wondering what all ya'll do in the off season ? I,v got allot of reloading done already, I have tied literally hundreds of flies already this winter. Now I am deciding rather to fletch some arrows for my wife ,or looking into buying a new fly rod blank and getting that started..Hmmmmm as you folks can tell I'm one of those guys that need a project or I go nuts. Mom always gave the speach "idle hands....." So what do you folks do in your "down time"

LAST EDITED ON Jan-13-13 AT 11:40AM (MST)[p]Do some reloading, buy ammo for guns I don't have, repairs on hunting equipment and complain about points creep.

Soon as it warms up, I am gonna complete my garage floor painting, lay in some insulation and recoat the non-skid on my truck bed.

But, first and foremost, I'm gonna poke my Peyton Manning doll with some scissors.

Went Ice fishing today! Strawberry was -30 enough of that it was so freaking cold. I think I will organize the dictionary now!

Rutnbuck

WHEN THE OUT OF STATE HUNTING IS OVER: I HOG HUNT,CALL YOTES, CHASE A FEW TURKEYS. HOG HUNTING IS 9-10 MONTHS OF THE YEAR NEARLY ONCE A WEEK. REPAIR & BUY HUNTING EQUIPMENT, PLAN OTHER HUNTS, BUY POINTS, DRINK BEER AS REQUIRED, CONTINUE TO SHOOT MY BOW, RIDE MY QUAD SOME, CUT A FEW CORDS OF FIRE WOOD WHEN POSSIBLE, GO TO THE GYM 3 TIMES A WEEK OR ALTERNATE HOG HUNTING HIKES INSTEAD. GOT TO STAY BUSY...................YD.

I used to do all that stuff Stonefly. I loaded my own shotgun shells, tied flies, made cedar arrows. Made my own fishing rods. I even built a few boats, including oars. Made all my own goose decoys.

Now I just work and tinker around in the garage carving a little. Plus waaaay too much computer time.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom