Preference Point Breakdowns

Zim

Very Active Member
Does anyone know if WYG&F publishes a breakdown of the number of applicants for a particular hunt who DID NOT draw the previous year, by point level? I found the charts they post online for number of tags and the point levels of those who drew, however, there's no way of knowing how many are left in the remaining top draw pool.

Trying to pick a moose unit. Thanks.

I've never seen what you're talking about anywhere on the G&F website, but I did see something in Eastman's Magazine a year or two ago that had the number of people left with Max PPs that would be going into the draw the following year for certain animals. I don't know if they went through all the draws and got their own totals or if they went directly to G&F Officials to get that information. The bad thing about PPs is that you really can't depend on definitely drawing a unit for an animal based on last year's drawing because people can move their choice to another unit the following year and skew the results all up.

Click on the draw odds link on the Monster muleys home page. Tells all the adds for all species and hunts, for resident and non resident.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-11 AT 01:34PM (MST)[p]Actually I found a current chart on the WYG&F website listing the total number of guys statewide at each point level. It's just they don't show you how many applied for the particular hunt you want, based on each point level like say Colorado does.

You know if they waited that long most are going to be targeting the better units close to their point level. Unfortunately I got in the year they no longer required the moose tag fee fronted so the 12 point pool has 69 but my 11 point pool has 545. :( Given the numbers I beleive any of the Bighorn units will be a major longshot any time soon. I'm not excited about wasting $75/year in fees for a 2% chance the next 10 years. Perhaps best to just pick a lesser unit and take a meat bull.

I had already looked on the MM site and they just present the same non-detailed stats.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom