Praying for Our Friends in Salmon Idaho

Blank

Long Time Member
****'s getting real now!!!!!

EE5AEEAB-F240-41D4-853E-6B7353A39296.jpeg

C53BCC03-9D17-41CA-A445-667DEFC417CD.jpeg

27D12B5B-8646-4C10-B9E4-01B8D493D843.jpeg

Damn it. Lots catching on fire right now too. I was hoping we were going to squeak by without a bad fire season this year

That's a tough one. Man that's a big blaze. We were afraid my cousin and her husband were going to lose there cabin in Smiley Creek in the Sawtooths on Monday/Tuesday. Took this picture Sunday night. Fortunately, she got her horses out but it was close.

20220904_204806.jpg

That's a tough one. Man that's a big blaze. We were afraid my cousin and her husband were going to lose there cabin in Smiley Creek in the Sawtooths on Monday/Tuesday. Took this picture Sunday night. Fortunately, she got her horses out but it was close.

View attachment 86397
Another pic of Smiley Creek.
I heard it jumped the Hwy and is burning up Pole creek.
Girlfriend and I were thinking about heading over to camp out on Basin butte for a few days but got to thinking we don’t really want to deal with the smoke. It’s bad enough here in the valley can only imagine what it’s like over the hill.
1662691881206.jpeg

Another pic of Smiley Creek.
I heard it jumped the Hwy and is burning up Pole creek.
Girlfriend and I were thinking about heading over to camp out on Basin butte for a few days but got to thinking we don’t really want to deal with the smoke. It’s bad enough here in the valley can only imagine what it’s like over the hill.
View attachment 86401
That’s awful…..but a bad azz pic.

My aunt and uncle owned smiley creek lodge for about 15 years, and I worked there one summer. It would be a bummer to lose the place. Glad the fire has moved on. That is a bad azz pic. It looks like it got close to the campground at Alturas. You can see how close the fire got to Smiley Creek. Basically right up to it (circled in blue).

ross fork.png

The picture I took with my cell phone from atop a mountain about 4-5 miles from the fire and you can see how high those flames were ripping up. We had a warm westerly wind that just blew it up that ridge in minutes. No way you could have gotten away from that one if you were caught there.

My aunt and uncle owned smiley creek lodge for about 15 years, and I worked there one summer. It would be a bummer to lose the place. Glad the fire has moved on. That is a bad azz pic. It looks like it got close to the campground at Alturas. You can see how close the fire got to Smiley Creek. Basically right up to it (circled in blue).

View attachment 86402
Where’d did you get this map? Reading the legend it looks like maybe Ross fork didn’t burn? Can’t really tell.

I fought forest fires mostly at night and I never saw fires that looked like the photos they post now days. I think they use special filters or editing to get that look.
They probably didn't have electricity back when you were doing that.

My son in law in Southern California was up on his roof this afternoon making sure everything was secure because they are apparently expecting extremely high winds in the next day or two. Hope those winds don’t make it that far north. Last thing you guys need up your way right now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom