PP ? for Groups

L

luvdawest

Does anyone know how the PP work if you are planning on filing as a hunting group. There will be 3 of use in the group. One is my son and the other is a buddy. I won't make the trip this year so I was going to buy a point. Does my son and my buddy also need to buy a point if we file as a group?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-12 AT 07:36AM (MST)[p]You aren't going to be able to file as a group if you don't plan on going hunting. All have to file the same way that are planning a hunt as a group when they actually want to hunt. Anyone not hunting will need to file for a PP on their own as an individual during the 7/1-9/30 PP application period. The year the party wants to hunt together will require filing before the application deadline (before 1/31 for elk or before 3/15 for deer and antelope)and one will start and mark their application as the party leader. The computer will then give that person a number for the others to file under. Then when the others in the group go into their file to apply they will apply as a member of that party number and put in the same information he did for the hunt. The party will be given a random number by the computer for the draw and all will either get a license or their money refunded, minus the application fee.

OK, maybe I didn't ask it right. If I buy a PP this year, what happens next year to my PP when we file as a party.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-12 AT 10:33AM (MST)[p]When filing as a party the total PPs of the group are averaged and are not rounded out. If you go in as a party of 3 and you have 1 PP and the other two don't have any, you would go into the draw with .33 PPs and would draw a tag before those with anything below that number if there were still tags left for first choice applicants. Your PP would be lost if you draw that first choice and you also can't buy a PP in the same calendar year you draw a first choice tag. Therefore, if you buy a PP this year and draw a tag on your first choice next year (2013) you would go to 0 PPs in the 2014 draw and could buy a PP that year during the summer or in the earlier application period. However, you can only buy 1 PP a year and you lose whatever you have when you draw your frist choice tag. If you buy a PP when applying for the draw and draw your first choice, the PP money you paid on that application is refunded. Also, if you tried to buy a PP during the summer after drawing your first choice tag the computer will block you from applying. Right now I'm buying a leftover deer tag every year and buying a PP during the summer until I get enough to draw the LQ unit I want to hunt in. I hope that answers your question.

Wow Topgun, thanks for clearing that up for me and thanks for such a quick reply.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom