Powell, WY High School Project

mightyhunter

Very Active Member

This grizzly bear was killed on Heart Mountain last summer. He was a 3 strikes bear that the Game and Fish destroyed. The bear was donated to Powell High School. In a group effort, through the Powell High School Art Department, the kids did the taxidermy on this mount. I believe they won a blue ribbon for their work.

That is a very cool project for a high school. Great start for a few of them that may wish to continue with taxidermy. Thanks for sharing.

LAST EDITED ON May-01-13 AT 05:52PM (MST)[p]I like his kill he is snacking on. very realistic

When I went to powell high school a lady hit a bull elk with her van in Meetetsee that scored in the low 400's. The game and fish donated to our class but the teacher turned it down due to lack of space.

Real impressive. I love Wyoming partly because things like this happen in high schools. I can hardly wait to retire there just have to decide where.

For retirement jackson, sheridan and gillette are the most expensive places to live. I lived/worked in sheridan for little over 4 years and the cost of living was just a joke. I like the big horn basin. You got the big horn mountains and everything next to cody. Its great.

My wife and I spend at least 3 weeks every summer getting the feel of different towns. I really like the Big Horn Basin as well. From limited experience Cody and Sheridan both have pretty expensive housing, but I live in the middle of nowhere and housing is cheap. This probably is the reason for my sticker shock.

>Now THAT'S a school project!
>I like the way they think
>in Powell.
>Zeke

We had a science class dedicated to the outdoors. I took 3 years of it. We went fishing, tied flies, boating up to Yellowstone, shot archery, help plant pheasants on the habitat and so much more........

Powell is a good community with good priorities. They are our number one rival and challenge and produce great athletes and great fans who are enthusiastic and good sports. Bested us at football and wrestling for state, but we edged them in the final seconds for basket ball. I look forward to my son competing against them.

IMO the kids at that school are lucky to be able to that in this PC country of ours !

In most places they are kicking kids out of school just for wearing t-shirts with NRA on them.

+1,jodog.I read just today where a young kid got expelled for shooting his "pencil".He was using his pencil as a toy gun!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom