Powder River Outfitters-Montana??

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Has anybody hunted with this outfit? Just curious how your experience was....thanks a bunch for any input. Merry Christmas...

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Who owns it now? I think the guy that did own it sold out or split with his partners several years ago? I could be wrong but the name that comes to mind is Kenny Gresnik (spelling). There was some scuttlebutt locally about it when I was there several years ago. I know they had some great property around broadus for years. That area holds good numbers of deer but genetically 130 to 160 bucks. Narrow is also a strong characteristic of the mature bucks. It was a big operation with lots of hunters and I don't know if that changed.

A smaller outfitter just to the north is Channel Outifitters. Lindsay has some good deer property leased up and you might get more personalized attention there.

Rich

I believe Travis Anderson is the owner. Looking at the pics on the website, it looks like there are a some good bucks taken but also some spindly horned bucks as well. I guess its a crap shoot for the most part. I will check out the Channel Outfitters. Thanks for the info...

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Steve, you might want to talk to Rich Birdsell of Northern Rockies Outfitters. One of his areas borders Alberta, and he has a large amount of area in the Sweetgrass Hills. Heck of a nice guy. I've never done an outfitted hunt, but talked to Rich when a friend drew an elk tag where he outfits. He was really helpful, even offering to let us on a lease after his last bull hunter was done. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom