POW Island

I just clicked on their link for bear hunting . I have allways wanted to hunt bears on POW island , I might have to look in to that deal .

I just clicked on their link for bear hunting . I have allways wanted to hunt bears on POW island , I might have to look in to that deal .

Who's rooming with D13er? Put Eelgrass in the same room with him and Eel in the top bunk....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Who's rooming with D13er? Put Eelgrass in the same room with him and Eel in the top bunk....LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Nice find Ransom! Sounds like a great place. Pretty expensive though.

These are only $5.60. Room for two people. Split two ways equals $2.80 each. The berries are free!

1571tubetent.jpg

Send me the $2.80 and I'll order one.

Eel

Nice find Ransom! Sounds like a great place. Pretty expensive though.

These are only $5.60. Room for two people. Split two ways equals $2.80 each. The berries are free!

1571tubetent.jpg

Send me the $2.80 and I'll order one.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-11 AT 10:41AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-11 AT 10:41?AM (MST)

I stayed the night in one of those tube tents in a huge rain/thunder storm. It was not much fun. I've also hunted POW several times. I'd find better accomodations than the tube tent. Plenty of rain up there.

POW is a great place for a cheap diy hunt. I don't think it's nearly as good as it once was though.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-11 AT 10:41AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-11 AT 10:41?AM (MST)

I stayed the night in one of those tube tents in a huge rain/thunder storm. It was not much fun. I've also hunted POW several times. I'd find better accomodations than the tube tent. Plenty of rain up there.

POW is a great place for a cheap diy hunt. I don't think it's nearly as good as it once was though.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-11 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]I've seen the cabins and they look like they keep them up nice. Kinda small but well-kept. Just north of those is a little store on the corner. Be sure and stop in and get some fresh clams. A guy raises them across the road in the bay. Pretty cool operation. He has them hanging in big nets.
If they supply a boat the best way is to cruise the shore at low tide and look for bears turning over rock and eating the little crabs. If you seriously want a huge black bear, take a day and go up to the south-east bays on Kuiu island. You'll have two low-tides a day so I'd stay there all day. During high tides you can motor to the very back of the bays where the grass fields are and look for bears there.
You'll love POW!

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-11 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]I've seen the cabins and they look like they keep them up nice. Kinda small but well-kept. Just north of those is a little store on the corner. Be sure and stop in and get some fresh clams. A guy raises them across the road in the bay. Pretty cool operation. He has them hanging in big nets.
If they supply a boat the best way is to cruise the shore at low tide and look for bears turning over rock and eating the little crabs. If you seriously want a huge black bear, take a day and go up to the south-east bays on Kuiu island. You'll have two low-tides a day so I'd stay there all day. During high tides you can motor to the very back of the bays where the grass fields are and look for bears there.
You'll love POW!

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom