POUND for POUND

YukonDall

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-11 AT 08:38PM (MST)[p] I HAVE ALWAYS FOLLOWED PROFESSIONAL BOXING (PRIZE FIGHTS) SINCE THE EARLY SIXTIES & AND OLD VIDEO BEFORE THAT. KIND OF A BOXING JUNKIE:

ANY WEIGHT CLASS, ANY DECADE.....WHO DO YOU THINK WAS OR IS THE BEST POUND FOR POUND FIGHTER WHO EVER LACED THE GLOVES UP & RUMBLED....?? ( AND WHY ).

AS MR. BUFFER WOULD SAY......LETS GET READY TO R U M B L E !!

THANKS..............YD.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-09-11 AT 08:38PM (MST)[p] I HAVE ALWAYS FOLLOWED PROFESSIONAL BOXING (PRIZE FIGHTS) SINCE THE EARLY SIXTIES & AND OLD VIDEO BEFORE THAT. KIND OF A BOXING JUNKIE:

ANY WEIGHT CLASS, ANY DECADE.....WHO DO YOU THINK WAS OR IS THE BEST POUND FOR POUND FIGHTER WHO EVER LACED THE GLOVES UP & RUMBLED....?? ( AND WHY ).

AS MR. BUFFER WOULD SAY......LETS GET READY TO R U M B L E !!

THANKS..............YD.

Probably a bit biased because he is who I watched growing up but I think in his prime, Tyson was by far the best fighter I've ever seen. Just an absolute machine. I've seen his documentary and it's amazing how fast and aggressive he was.

Probably a bit biased because he is who I watched growing up but I think in his prime, Tyson was by far the best fighter I've ever seen. Just an absolute machine. I've seen his documentary and it's amazing how fast and aggressive he was.

Ray Robinson
Carlos Monzon
Tommy Herns
Alexis Arguello
Aruro the human highlight film Gatti

i'll stop i kinda like boxing too LOL

Ray Robinson
Carlos Monzon
Tommy Herns
Alexis Arguello
Aruro the human highlight film Gatti

i'll stop i kinda like boxing too LOL

Rocky Marciano, Mike Tyson and Sugar Ray Leonard.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Rocky Marciano, Mike Tyson and Sugar Ray Leonard.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Sugar Ray Robinson
Why you ask. 179 Wins 19 Losses
He was one BAD dude

Sugar Ray Robinson
Why you ask. 179 Wins 19 Losses
He was one BAD dude

IN HIS PRIME AS A LIGHT WEIGHT.....NOT A WELTER.....I LIKED ROBERTO DURAN. HE GOT OFF TO A 54-1 WON LOSS RECORD BEFORE HE BEAT SUGAR RAY. LEATHER THROWIN MACHINE......TOO MANY FIGHTERS HANG AROUND TOO LONG FOR THE $$$$$.....AFTER THEIR PRIME.....AS DURAN, ALI, HEARNS, QUARRY, AND LEON SPINKS DID.

ITS VERY DIFFICULT NOT TO RECOGNIZE ROCKY MARCIANO AS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME AT 49-0 .....THE BLACK FANS WILL NOT AGREE.....IMO..YD.

IN HIS PRIME AS A LIGHT WEIGHT.....NOT A WELTER.....I LIKED ROBERTO DURAN. HE GOT OFF TO A 54-1 WON LOSS RECORD BEFORE HE BEAT SUGAR RAY. LEATHER THROWIN MACHINE......TOO MANY FIGHTERS HANG AROUND TOO LONG FOR THE $$$$$.....AFTER THEIR PRIME.....AS DURAN, ALI, HEARNS, QUARRY, AND LEON SPINKS DID.

ITS VERY DIFFICULT NOT TO RECOGNIZE ROCKY MARCIANO AS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME AT 49-0 .....THE BLACK FANS WILL NOT AGREE.....IMO..YD.

ROCKY MARCIANO
SUGAR RAY ROBINSON
And right now:
MANNY "PACMAN" PACQUIAO

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

ROCKY MARCIANO
SUGAR RAY ROBINSON
And right now:
MANNY "PACMAN" PACQUIAO

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

The best boxing I remember were the fights between Hagler, Sugar Ray, Duran and Hearns. I loved the 80's. They all could be at the top of the list.

"You'll never get a big one if you shoot a little one"

The best boxing I remember were the fights between Hagler, Sugar Ray, Duran and Hearns. I loved the 80's. They all could be at the top of the list.

"You'll never get a big one if you shoot a little one"

ROCKY MARCIANO

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

ROCKY MARCIANO

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

My DAD! He was the undefeated (HS) state champion for four years..........yet grandma wouldn't let him play football, because it was dangerous!!

Reality, Sugar Ray Robinson has long been listed in that place. Photos show that he could jab and pull his hands back faster than ANYONE.....8 frames. Anyone that is, except Muhammad Ali. He could do it in 7 frames (old movies).

My personal vote goes to Ali. I think Hagler, Duran, (the original) Sugar Ray are all realistic candidates.

(Tyson is not even in the discussion....he was explosive and violent, even mesmerizing. He was not the best ever.)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

My DAD! He was the undefeated (HS) state champion for four years..........yet grandma wouldn't let him play football, because it was dangerous!!

Reality, Sugar Ray Robinson has long been listed in that place. Photos show that he could jab and pull his hands back faster than ANYONE.....8 frames. Anyone that is, except Muhammad Ali. He could do it in 7 frames (old movies).

My personal vote goes to Ali. I think Hagler, Duran, (the original) Sugar Ray are all realistic candidates.

(Tyson is not even in the discussion....he was explosive and violent, even mesmerizing. He was not the best ever.)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Rocky Marciano. I always wished I could have seen Ali do his "rope a dope" tactic against Marciano. That wouldn't work so well, IMO.

Eel

Rocky Marciano. I always wished I could have seen Ali do his "rope a dope" tactic against Marciano. That wouldn't work so well, IMO.

Eel

Both Sugar Ray's. Ali!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Both Sugar Ray's. Ali!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I gotta say Julio Cesar Chavez - dude was 96-0 at one point. Plus he was just an excellent boxing technician. Next I gotta put Pacquiao up there. Great technician as well, good punching power, lightning quick hands. He and Mayweather need to fight - it might be the last mega-fight ever.

Can't leave Ali off the list either.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I gotta say Julio Cesar Chavez - dude was 96-0 at one point. Plus he was just an excellent boxing technician. Next I gotta put Pacquiao up there. Great technician as well, good punching power, lightning quick hands. He and Mayweather need to fight - it might be the last mega-fight ever.

Can't leave Ali off the list either.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I THINK ALI WAS THE GREATEST SHOWMAN.....FIGHTER...NO.!!!! WTH...NOBODY LIKES THAT GREAT PUNCHER... "BUTTERBEAN"....HE IS FUN TO WATCH.....NOT GREAT....J/K.

NOBODY HAS MENTIONED MR. HOLMES......CHAMP FOR A DECADE...TOOK ON ALL COMERS ........WEAK ERA......I KNOW.............YD.

I THINK ALI WAS THE GREATEST SHOWMAN.....FIGHTER...NO.!!!! WTH...NOBODY LIKES THAT GREAT PUNCHER... "BUTTERBEAN"....HE IS FUN TO WATCH.....NOT GREAT....J/K.

NOBODY HAS MENTIONED MR. HOLMES......CHAMP FOR A DECADE...TOOK ON ALL COMERS ........WEAK ERA......I KNOW.............YD.

Julio Cesar Chavez. He just stayed in the game to long.

I saw him fight Roger Mayweather at the LA Forum in 1989. That was a crazy crowd.
Good thing my friend was Mexican. Beers were flying into the ring.

Cesar was the crowd favorite by a long shot. Would not be good to be a Mayweather fan that night.

Julio Cesar Chavez. He just stayed in the game to long.

I saw him fight Roger Mayweather at the LA Forum in 1989. That was a crazy crowd.
Good thing my friend was Mexican. Beers were flying into the ring.

Cesar was the crowd favorite by a long shot. Would not be good to be a Mayweather fan that night.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom