Posting LE units you hunted....

F

Foxskinner

This is a question that I have often wondered. I love seeing success photos from all of us when we fill our OIL or LE tags. Many of the LE tags are actually more like OIL tags for many of us. I am just wondering why people don't post the unit they killed their trophy in. I personally think it is cool to see what the different areas produce. So if most of these tags are OIL, then what's the harm in naming the unit?

Just so I don't get a bunch of people upset, I don't look at it as trying to find a better area to hunt so that I can jump ahead of others in the point creep race. I put in for the same unit every year cause it is the unit I know best and would have the best success on. I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are as to why more people don't list their units. Thanks.

Probably because they have relatives and friends that will put in for that unit and it would cut their chances to draw the tags if they did what you mentioned. I would be the same way and have no problem with people keeping things like that quiet. It's too hard nowadays finding good spots to put stuff on the net like that.

I have posted video of my dad's Book Cliffs hunt from last year, but the Books are a HUGE unit and by simply not saying exactly where we hunted, I feel like I'm kind of holding onto it for my sake, and the sake of my cousin and bro-in-law that will be drawing in the next 2-3 years.

My guess is most guy sdo it for the reason already given- family and friends are gettin close to drawing...

Other people might like you to think they got the animal on a General Season tag...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Browning,
Do you still have the link to the video? I love the Books and would like to watch it if you still have the link. Thanks

If you post the unit you hunt on the world wide web you will turn it into a once in two lifetimes unit instead of a once in a lifetime unit. There are truly thousands of people out there that are clueless about where to hunt, and which unit to hunt, and as soon as you post the unit, they just got their clue, and it's off to the races!
DeerBeDead

I have no idea why people will not post the unit.
Here are a few photos of some of my LE animals.
I shot them all somewhere in the US...:)

IMG_21722.jpg

Ram10.jpg

I just think that it is kinda funny. The units are so large that if you said that you killed a bull on the Wasatch, its not like you are telling anyone something special because there are thousands of square miles to hunt in. I can see how if you killed a monster bull on the Anthro or Grouse Creek or another smaller/weaker unit that you might not want to post its location. Its just all the 300-330 bulls that are on every unit in the state and people still think that they have a secret. Thanks for your comments.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom