Post your favorite field photo

dillon

Very Active Member
5143r001-012_2.jpg

www.dillonhoyt.com

I have a lot that I like a lot. This was probably one of my proudest moments. My Daughter Kasi. Ron

Bull2.jpg

my fav. cause this deer was well known. farmers had named this buck and a buddy of mine has 3 years of his sheds and another guy had the 2 previous years. many people were after this buck and i got him one morning before school. a guy was with me and we were letting him shoot some does off our land and he was just getting ready to fire when i seen this pig walk out. grossed little over 160 but with his extra trash that the picture dont show he netted 151.

100_1565.jpg

>
754packturtle.jpg

Good one Eel... LMAO

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Eel
I remember that hunt we went on very well. How could I forget it? Taking the #1 all-time Mountain Terrapin will always be the highlight of my hunting career.
Tortoise.jpg

My son shoots his first rabbit wearing a Bakersfield Hooters T-shirt his Mom bought him. Classic!

9159canyons_rabbit.jpg

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-11 AT 03:56PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-11 AT 02:49?PM (MST)

Man I love these photos with the kids!!! How's this Bruin from Colorado.
9708p5304706.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-11 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-11 AT 03:18?PM (MST)

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/257jason\'s_1st_buck.jpg

His first buck of any species and he did it with a double compound fracture on his left leg. The cast is under his pants and goes from his foot to the thigh. "Come heck or high water if you think I am gonna give this tag back Dad", is what I was told. Took some doing but he got his trophy.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Not sure what the issue is wiht loading this picture.

It would have to be one of these two.

At the age of 75 this was Grandpa's 1st Antelope, we had 3 generations of the Sauer family on this hunt which made it special.
3915100_0452.jpg

This was my second buck, me and my dad had about 45 days into scouting and hunting.
1629dscn0152.jpg

"Elk dont know how many feet a horse had" - Bear Claw

Last day of the season, 2002. Hadn't seen much as it was pretty dry and warm. About 1300 I was sitting on a ridge overlooking camp and spotted some cows. Got one, then decided to flush the set of trees with some friends in the hopes that we could push one to my wife...it was her first elk hunt. Anyway, we pushed through the trees and just as we were about to hit the open park, two bulls busted out in front of her. They were hauling butt. She missed four times. So, knowing the country as we do, we went on a drive to find them. Nothing for about two-three hours. We decided to call it a day and a season and headed back to our camps in two trucks. I had put my gun away and was nursing a coors lite and just enjoying the memories when I looked up to see this guy standing, broadside, about 50 yards off the road. One of the guys with us shot him, but he ran away. We caught up to him about 1800 that night and finished him off. It is one of my favorites because of the fun we had that season. Great bunch of guys to hunt with and it was my wife's first time elk hunting.

DSC00026.jpg

This one was again the last day of the season, 1996. My BILs truck had broken down, so we quit a day early to take care of things. On a whim, BIL talked me in to taking my rifle. So, we recovered his truck and parked it on the main road and headed off to an area we haven't hunted since the early 70s. The plan was to drop me off on the way to the top of the mountain, then hike down about 3 miles and he would pick me up. On the way up we saw a calf run across the road; a good sign. Once on top, I took a shot at a running spike, but missed. BIL took off and I started walking. Then the snow started coming down heavy. I stopped just before cresting the first ridge, then poked my head just enough to see. Wow, nothing but elk making their way down the mountain in the now blizzard conditions. I would guess there to be about 200 elk slowly walking down hill. It was getting dark and I estimated I had about 30 minutes of shooting light left, given the snow and the late hour of the day. So, I sat down and waited for a bull to hit a certain opening. This guy happened to be that unlucky bull. Not a very big rack, but it was special because of the absolute romance of the situation...last hour, last day, in a snowstorm. I drug him down hill about 1.5 miles to meet my BIL. One of my close friends had also been on that hill and took a huge 6X7 about thirty minutes earlier.
Lasthourlastday.jpg

This little sob chewed through the wiring on my amplifier and was generally crapping all over my truck. I set glue traps all over the front and rear of the truck. No luck. I used 4 bug bombs in the cab. No luck. I then set a half dozen snapper traps loaded with peanut butter/jelly. Boom, I had him lined up for my trophy wall.
themouseisgone.jpg

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

This one is my favorite, certainly not for the size of the deer, but for the events which led up to my son in the picture. He is adopted, the product of a schitheel sperm donor and a terrible womb owner who wouldn't quit doing drugs, even during her pregnancy with him. 12 foster homes before he came to us, but, my wife and I couldn't resist. This was his first trip with us, his first time in the woods, his first time seeing elk, wolf and deer. And, he also learned why you pee downhill. I took this buck because he asked me to, even though there were sure to be bigger ones. Great eating, we used him as camp meat.

Austinanddeer.jpg

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

AWESOME PICS!!!! LOVE the pics w/ the kids!!!

My three kids..... :)

Erik with his first elk.
ErikandDadELKSept2007v1.jpg

Nick with his first javelina.
JuniorDeerJavelinaHuntNovember20-13.jpg

Greta with her first deer.
JuniorDeerHunt2010GRETA044.jpg

S.

:)

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-11 AT 00:18AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-11 AT 00:14?AM (MST)

Why would this be my favorite? Well..............

1. these are two of my children.
2. I love to hunt in the quakies
3. I like to hunt elk in the quakies
4. there is thick dead fall in these quakies, a lot of dead fall, hundreds of yards of dead fall
5. I hate dead fall, it make me tired
6. that is my elk in the back backs
7. it is the end of a very very long day
8. the elk was killed very early in the day
9. the son in the orange hat has made four trips to and from my elk
10. the son in the blue shirt has made one trip
11. I have made one trip, without a backpack
12. I've been watching them from the bottom of a very high and a very steep ridge, filled with quakies and dead fall
13. my children are telling me how much they love and appreciate me.

That is why this my favorite.

Can you tell which child loves and appreciates me the most?

DC

6039fav.jpg

This might help.
3388kids.jpg

During a day of shooting squirrels (who ALWAYS head for the nearest hole), one tried to dive into a too-small mouse hole. His tail was waving gently in the breeze.

83752007_ground_squirrel.jpg

Favorite? It was funny!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

7169149472_172077492803182_100000027972210_616536_3880259_n.jpg

His first buck of any species and he did it with a double compound fracture on his left leg. The cast is under his pants and goes from his foot to the thigh. "Come heck or high water if you think I am gonna give this tag back Dad", is what I was told. Took some doing but he got his trophy.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-11 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]Gotta love the high country wildflower

9713sneeky.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom