port vs muzzle break

kawboy

Very Active Member
I have a muzzle break on one of my rifles now and I love it. I am looking at getting a 338 win mag that has an octagon barrel, I am sure they don't make an octagon break, so I was thinking about having it ported instead. The gun is one of the coolest I have seen in a while.

Does porting a barrel work as well as a muzzle break?
Or should I look for a different gun.

Thanks

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Kawboy , I guess it depends on what you are looking for ? Mag n port is a company that ports barrels. Not even sure if they are still in business anymore ? Generally we used them to port our pistol barrels to help with muzzle rise. Yes they also help with recoil a little but imho I don't think they help with recoil as much as a fully muzzle breaked rifle. They just dont release as much gas as a fully ported gun. But it does work. I think it would work well with your octagon barrel. Are you worried about recoil ? Because the extra weight of the barrel my help with this. I have shot a 338 win mag for over 20 years. No muzzle break , but i did add a recoil pad to help with head. It is a great gun and I love to shoot it.
Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom