Poor Sir Chuck!

C

ClorideRUS

Basketball commentator and former hoops star Charles Barkley was arrested Wednesday in Scottsdale, Arizona, on suspicion of drunken driving, a police spokesman said.

Charles Barkley was driving an Infiniti SUV through a trendy area of Scottsdale on Wednesday, police say.
1 of 3 more photos ? Barkley issued a brief statement, saying, "I am disappointed that I put myself in that situation. The Scottsdale police were fantastic. I will not comment any further as it is a legal matter."

Lt. Eric Shuhandler of the Gilbert Police Department said an officer pulled Barkley over after he ran a stop sign in Scottsdale's Old Town area, a trendy spot known for its nightclubs and bars. Gilbert and Scottsdale are in the Phoenix metro area.

"The officer identified the driver of the 2005 Infiniti as Charles Barkley," according to a written statement from police. "Mr. Barkley was administered the standard field sobriety tests after the odor of intoxicating liquor was detected."

At a news conference later in the day, Shuhandler said Barkley's "performance on the field sobriety test revealed there was probable cause to make an arrest." See photos from the booking ?

Barkley declined to take a breath test to measure his blood-alcohol level, Shuhandler said earlier.

"When he arrived at the station, police administered a blood test, which is customary of our police department to do," he said, adding that Barkley consented to the blood test.

It will take "a few days" for the crime lab to test the blood sample and determine Barkley's blood-alcohol level, Shuhandler said.

The former NBA power forward was cited for driving while impaired and released.

RUS

THAT'S TO BAD. I REALLY LIKE THE GUY. ORGINAL NBA SUPERSTARS, HE WAS A MAD MAN!!!!

BUGLEMN

Based on his statement after the arrest, he took it like a man and did not try to insinuate the police were picking on him because of his status like a lot of them do.

RELH

I find myself laughing at some of the things he says and at times i'll give him credit for being one of the most knowledgable guys behing the desk but talk about a blatent racist, Barkly goes to the top of the class and i don't see how he gets away with the comments against "whites" that he does. Because of that and only that, i don't much care for the man.

Joey

RELH- I think the smart celeb's realize they don't need to argue with the police about being picked on. The smart ones know their celeb status will get them a slap on the hand for the first 2 or 3 DUI's so why make asses of themselves. You've got to respect him for that! Let's face it, everyone has deserved a DUI at one time in his/her lives. Some of us were just lucky enough not to get caught. As for Barkley....sh!t happens and he'll deal with it. He's just like you and I except for he's rich and famous! He still does stupid sh!t as you and I do.

Steve

I just read the police report, apparently Chuck had just picked up a prostitute and told the officer he ran the stop sign because he was in a hurry to get a hummer from her because he had used her the week before and it was the best one he ever received. That sounds like something I made up but you can check it out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom