Poll

sagebrush

Very Active Member
Much has been written decrying things such as the introduction of wolves into Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, access restrictions, etc. imposed by a federal agency. The question really boils down to one simple fundamental issue. Do the people from outside a state have the right to impose their will upon the people that reside within that state?

I happen to believe the people within the state have the right to unrestricted self-determination as to matters confined within their borders.

What's your view?

States Rights vs Federal Rights: The guys wearing the blue and grey suits started shooting at each other over that very issue 150 years ago.

Different methods of fighting and different arguments but the same governmental issues.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

The right of the states should have a higher priorty in most areas pertaining to state property. Hell! my ancesters fought on the side of the South due to state's rights and the dislike of a central goverment controlling most rights and not letting the states to govern themselfs.

The Feds have slowly been taking away too many rights from the states in controlling their own property within the boundaries of the state.

RELH

You guys worry too much!
I've just decided it's best to let the Federal Government fix everything. They've been doing a great job so far. Just take a look around, nothing to worry about boys!

Zeke

The same old story.

It has always been an issue, but as with everything else, there are 2 sides to the story.

Can your State pay for everything the Feds would back off from...infrastructure maint, schools, etc? Taxes and fees, would skyrocket.

Many servicies, would suffer.

On the other hand, why should my tax dollars go to pay for lobster subsidies' in Maine?

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Nickman

You think we are better off giving our money to the federal government so they can give it back to us in federally mandated spending with federal requirements added on instead of just keeping it local and spending it where we want and need it?

Not trying to be offensive, just curious if you think the feds know better than local government where and how much to spend.

Well....NO, I despise most of the system in that regard, and I guess I should have been more clear.

I made a point for AND against "Federal versus State" and all I meant was, there is no clear way to have it both ways.

Politicians in the mid 1800's couldn't make everyone happy, and I seriously believe that THEY were far more patriotic and far less corrupt, than what we have today.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

With regard to federal land policy, yes they do. This is the essence of groups like the sierra club, et al.

Why lobby locally when you can lobby in DC? Or in federal court?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom