Politically Incorrect

B

buglinbull2

This is a very good letter to the editor. This woman made some good points. For some reason, people have difficulty structuring their arguments when arguing against supporting the currently proposed immigration revisions. This lady made the argument pretty simple.

BUT,,,,,,, It was NOT printed in the Orange County Paper....................

Newspapers simply won't publish letters to the editor which they either deem politically incorrect (read below) or which does not agree with the philosophy they're pushing on the public. This woman wrote a great letter to the editor that should have been published; but, with your help it will get published via cyberspace!

New Immigrants

My wife, Rosemary, wrote a wonderful letter to the editor of the OC Register which, of course, was not printed. So, I decided to "print" it myself by sending it out on the Internet. Pass it along if you feel so inclined.

Dave LaBonte (signed)

Written in response to a series of letters to the editor in the Orange County Register:

Dear Editor:

So many letter writers have based their arguments on how this land is made up of immigrants. Ernie Lujan for one, suggests we should tear down the Statue of Liberty because the people now in question aren't being treated the same as those who passed through Ellis Island and other ports of entry.

Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people like Mr. Lujan why today's American is not willing to accept this new kind of immigrant any longer. Back in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to the United States, people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line in New York and be documented. Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new American households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home.

They had waved good bye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture.

Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labor laws to protect them. All they had were the skills and craftsmanship they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity. Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out. My father fought along side men whose parents had come straight over from Germany, Italy,France and Japan . None of these 1st generation Americans ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from. They were Americans fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan. They were defending the United States of America as one people. When we liberated France, no one in those villages were looking for the French-American or the German American or the Irish American. The people of France saw only Americans. And we carried one flag that represented one country. Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here. These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an American. They stirred the melting pot into one red, white and blue bowl.

And here we are in 2008 with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by playing with a different set of rules, one th at includes the entitlement card and a guarantee of being faithful to their mother country. I'm sorry, that's not what being an American is all about. I believe that the immigrants who landed on Ellis Island in the early 1900's deserve better than that for all the toil, hard work and sacrifice in raising future generations to create a land that has become a beacon for those legally searching for a better life I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags.

And for that suggestion about taking down the Statue of Liberty, it happens to mean a lot to the citizens who are voting on the immigration bill. I wouldn't start talking about dismantling the United States just yet.

(signed) Rosemary LaBonte

KEEP THIS LETTER MOVING. FOR THE WR ONG THINGS TO PREVAIL THE RIGHTFUL MAJORITY NEEDS TO REMAIN COMPLACENT AND QUIET!! LET THIS NEVER HAPPEN!!

I hope this letter gets read by millions of people all across the nation!!

Good read. I had it emailed to me a while back so its getting around.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Depends what history books you read. Don't kid yourselves a lot of immigrants still held strong allegiance to the country they immigrated from. The Chinese and Japanese came to the west coast mainly with the idea of returning home when they made it big. Most of the time their bones were the only thing left to ship home after they died. Mexicans back in the 1930's were thumbing their noses at America with the Zoot-suit riots in Chicago. Ethnic neighborhoods where only the immigrants native language was spoken were common in all major cities throughout the late 1800 and early 1900's. Social halls that welcomed only Bohemians, or Poles or the Irish were common when I was a boy in many parts of Omaha.

Yes! they did fight for America against what they saw as a greater evil that threatened their way of life. Most of the aliens I see are from somewhere in Latin America and in most cases they are working their asses off trying to assimiliate their kids into U.S. society. Probably not the case everywhere such as California, Texas or Arizonia.

Don't paint this picture they got off the boats singing God Bless America because it just isn't true. Eventually they became part of America in a generation or two.

Should we shut the borders down and ship the illegals back? Yes no matter what the cost. But let's try to at least paint an accurate picture of what actually happened.

Well Cornhusker, what about the modern times. Illegals in the streets waving a Mexican flag demanding their "rights." They have the right to pay taxes, the right to learn English and the right to swim back across the river if they don't like it.

There are several hard working hispanics in this country. Unfortunately, they are hampering me from providing for my family. You see, I have to have a contractors license, work comp, liability, because I am white and charge a fair price. Jose's drywall, doesn't have any of the above, plus he has ten cousins living with him so he can cut my throat. Part of it is the builder's fault for not giving a chit, part of it is the gov'ts fault for not enforcing the emigration laws. My creditors don't give a rat's ass either way.

Put Crocs in the Rio Grande and landmines everywhere else. I'm not racist, just want to make a living

The difference is back then the majority did it right. Leagaly.
I have no problems with imigrents, just illegal ones.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Illegal Immigrants....Bring 'em on...If they don't want to be Americans, fine....Don't ask for help....work all you frickin want....don't ask for help....don't cry when we lock you in prison camps...don't cry we go to war with YOU....Don't ask for help.....There is a way to do it RIGHT....I got my job by doing things right....Yeah, I'm not an immigrant so it was handed to me.....Bull$#!T. How do we have Hispanics in Congress? How do we have Native Americans in Congress? How do we have so many successful people doing beyond awesome in this country without breaking the LAW???? Well, it's because they care about where they want to go, and not who or what law is going to let them get them a free ride........HELLLLLLLFFFNNNOOOO!!!! It's 2008....People, can't we realize it's what you have to offer that get's you somewhere. Everyone has something, the trick is figuring out what you can do to help others, or provide something for others...same thing actually.....This is going to be the spine breaking issue for OUR....I REPEAT.....OUR....COUNTRY...There are huge problems out there, but this is a bit beyond huge in my opinion, as long as we keep the military up. They WILL take care of the rest...

welcome to california cornhusker......zoot suits would be a welcome change....

47f0447062784909.jpg

JB

LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-08 AT 08:06PM (MST)[p]Cornhusker;
Take a good look at the flag pole in the background. they have the American flag flying upside down below the Mexican flag. I do not think we need that type of people here. If they have so much respect for their country flag, and none for ours, send them back to Mexico where they can salute their own flag as much as they want.
The Mexican families I know would never condone or except that type of behavior. Most of them were legal immigrants and have received their U.S. citizenship.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom