POLARIS 500 SPORTSMAN QUESTION?

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Not too Impressed with the New Danners:

2012 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500 HO with EBS!

When riding down hill in Rough Terrain seems to be alot of Gear Lash poping & banging!

Again it does have the EBS!

Wondering if anybody elses Danners are making the same Noise?

Or is this POS gotta go back in to the Shop?

Maybe it needs a TUNE-UP?

Hello Mr. Wisz,This is the UDWR Calling....LMMFAO!
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I'm not sure if this is a joke post with the reference to Danners, but I will answer it as if it is serious. I have a 500 with EBS; it makes no unusual noises when EBS is engaged going down a hill. I certainly wouldn't call it a POS, but I would pay a visit to the Polaris shop if mine was doing that.

ATV rules!
#1...Do NOT buy a Polaris
#2...If rule #1 is disreguarded do whatever you can to redeem yourself and get rid of it ASAP!
#3...Buy a honda or yamaha!

Haha! Cant really help ya much with the ATV unless you want to consider my ATV rules. I do however have a pair of Danner boots.....I like them. They are pretty comfy and keep my feet warm and dry. They dont make any noises.

It's a Serious Question!

Guess I screwed Rule # 1 up!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Take it by for a look see. You did well buying the 500 ho. Same unit I have. Yamaha's are vibrating shiit boxes.

In about 3 months, you can go out with me, when I go crashing sagebrush looking for Big Muley sheds. At the end of the day, it's still doing that, theirs a cliff near by we can send it over unmanned. But only if you sport the Adolf mustache.

I have had the same concern with mine making that noise, but I was told its not a big deal from a friend of a friend that was a Polaris mechanic. The same guy that told me that put EBS on my first machine which was a 98 I believe.

My 2002 came with EBS and pretty much from the start it would make some weird noises on real steep down hills. I had a extended warranty and took it in to the shop a few times with no real improvement. The machine has around 5000 miles now and still makes the noise some times but I have never had any thing break in regards to the drive system or engine brake.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-12 AT 05:18PM (MST)[p]Question for ya ....'Elk-ass-in-ass'

Would my 6x6 be easier than this newbie 500 to give a 'High Country Tune-Up' on the mountain or not?

LP & PL say ---Nope---he gives the same High Country Service no matter the make-model--nor year...

Just ax'g....ya

Robb

Well Robb!

Depends on how far it's sittin in to the Back Woods!:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I have a 400 and it does the same thing if I'm in 2 wheel drive and using the brake. Put it in low 4 wheel drive and stay off the brake and it won't do that.

It does do it in 4 Wheel Drive!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

not sure about the question that was asked, but now that I know the CAT owns a 4 wheeler- I swear , If I ever see him riding a 4 wheeler, and if even 1 side of the tire tread touches a blade of grass that is off of a legal road, I'm giving it a "high country tune up"!!! I don't even care if it's in camp!

Well hanginmeat!

Gettin the POLARIS ready to help you haul that 450" Rack out when you find it!

Hope a 500 H.O. is big enough for the Job?

Maybe I shoulda got the 800 H.O.?

Maybe once we get the 450"+ Rack loaded on to the POLARIS it'll put enough Strain on the Gear Train to Break whatevers about to Break?

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

>If your atv is out of
>warranty, you might log on
>to www.polarisatvforums.com --- probably get
>some help there ...
>
>Lv2hnt
>
>"Every man dies --- not every
>man really lives."

Thanks Lv2hnt!

Guess this machine ain't the only one Back-Lashin like a SOB!

Got this off the Polaris Link You Posted!

((("""I recently bought a Sportsman 500 HO and I have question. When I am going down a steep hill and I am braking I hear a click,click,click,click sound coming from under the seat towards the rear. This noise happens going down steep inclines and its a bit bumpy.

Just wondering if this is a normal thing or not.""")))

Total BS for a Brand New Machine to Clank & Bang like this!

I called the Dealer & they act like it's the 1st time they've heard of it!(BULL BUTTER!)

You can bet your Ass they'll Milk POLARIS for some Warranty work/Money no matter what they do!

Wisz = Future Recipient of a Phone Call....LMMFAO!
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Most of the popping, banging, and grinding noise I hear while riding my Sportsman 500 comes from my crackling vertebrae, not my Danners. Try tying your shoelaces and see if that makes a difference. What does EBS stand for anyways, some kind of electronic bullschitt??

Perty much KevinD lol!

It has supposibly a better automatic Braking system(EBS = electronic Braking System)

It does work Well!

Rare when you need to use the Brakes,it holds back as good as any Machine I've seen,the EBS is only available on the CAMO 500 H.O.,the NON-CAMO 500's don't have the EBS!

But The Gear Lashin SOB is a JOKE!

Somebody somewhere knows something more about this?

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

elkassassin. you got screwed, what else you want to know,the fort is giving a deal on moose burgers, to polaris 500 buyers,and people who voted for you know who, its called you got screwed. but you got to eat special.

It actually stands for Engine Braking System (EBS). Theres nothing elelctrical about it. On a side note the noise is the primary clutch doing its thing. Some are noisier than others but all do it. Hope this helps.

If you keep your thumb on the throttle a little when going down hill it will also help. It keeps the ebs from locking up the brakes and then releasing them causing the axles to chatter as it takes the slack and then releases it.

Thanks everybody for telling me in advance on what a POS the POLARIS built Bastard really is!

If I'd of only known!

But all I ever heard was how damn good they were!

Didn't last one season before she started Clanking & Banging like an old wore out pile of Scrap Metal!

I bought it hopes of competing will all the other JACK-ASSES destroying Pristine Huntin Spots and in Hopes of Sneakin it up on a 30"+ Buck or two,JUDAS!

GEEZUS,they can hear you commin on a POLARIS for miles!

Somebody at POLARIS is gonna get their Ass reamed!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

>It actually stands for Engine Braking
>System (EBS). Theres nothing elelctrical
>about it. On a side
>note the noise is the
>primary clutch doing its thing.
>Some are noisier than others
>but all do it. Hope
>this helps.

yep, it is what it is and won't hurt a thing so just drive the pos, Bess and don't worry about it!

Turn down your hearing aids and you wont hear a thing !! I have been riding a sportsman since they came out in 1996. I have never had a problem . My sportsman 700 has over 5000 miles on it. I am not saying you dont have to do your maintenance. Oh and my 1996 sportsman 500 ( the first year they came out ) my brother in law is still riding it !

Request your dealer to replace the clutch problem solved. BTW the only person that even hears the noise is the rider. I have a 04 600 sprtsmn that has done it from day no worries here. Best ATV on the road IMO.

My 2006 500 makes a lot of noise too when the EBS is working while going down steep hills. Has done it since it was new.

There's always next year

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom