Poison Oak

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I usually get it at least twice a year,usually around April when I'm shed hunting.. I get tiny blisters maybe 1/16" around that ooze but usually it just looks like a scratch that lasts about 4 days of so...

This is a buddy of mine, we were at the lake on July 3rd and found a rope swing that went from shore and launched you into the water.. Well my buddy went first and broke the rope (He's 6'4" and about 350lbs) he landed in a little bit of poison oak...It was funny as hell and we all laughed about it but Wow! he gets it bad...It took 2 weeks for him to get it and he still has it, it went from one leg to the other as if it was in his blood stream...

Anyway here's the pics...Any of you get it this bad?

2 weeks after initial contact
b66ed765.jpg

3 weeks after initial contact
32550d94.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Jesus the only thing that I have ever seen that was about that bad was pics of what chemical blister agent looks like on people's skin. He probably should have went to the doc for that, if he ever gets around wood burning that had poison oak on/in it and inhales the smoke, he could go into anaphylaxis shock (meaning he won't be able to breath). About the only home remedies I know of is straight bleach with a cotton ball to apply it. It dries out the rash quicker, burns like fire, but it works.
WVBOWAK

That has to be photo shopped . J/K . That looks pretty dang bad and I can only imagine it has to hurt and itch like the dickens . Hope he gets better quick .

LOL.... unfortunately no he isn't...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

HEY SNORT, LIKE THE SONG SAYS; "YOUR GONNA NEED AN OCEAN OF CALAMINE LOTION". EVERY NOW AND THEN I WILL LOAD A DEAD HOG IN MY PICK UP BED THAT HAS THAT CRAP ALL OVER HIM.....THEN I GET IT.....ITS THE LIVIN CHITS.................YD.

yes I get it worse! I've actually had it head to toe that bad. The only relieve ive had when I get it is standing in scalding hot water. It probably spreads it more but it feels like your whole body is performing the man act.

Then when you get out you want to just die.

Ouch and hope he gets better soon !!!

I actually have an EX brother in law that got it in Cali a few weeks ago and it was EVERYWHERE on him from what his kids described ...I say it couldn't have happened to a better person !!!

Oh man that's bad.

I have family that gets it like that.
Only time I've ever had it was on the inside of my arms after accidentally cutting through it with a chain saw and splattering it on myself.
I wade through it fairly regularly as where I deer hunt is loaded with it.

OMG! That looks horrid and must be so uncomfortable. I've never had poison oak before but if it itches anything like poison ivory I truly feel bad for the guy. I haven't had it in many years but that itch is something I will never forget. Im not sure how different the poisons are in those plants but poison ivory, at least on me, didn't blister up in huge pockets like that. Yuck! Id be seeing a doctor.

GBA

Bad as I get that chit, I won't get out of the truck in any county it grows in......I'll probably catch it from viewing this thread!

WTF is poison "ivory".... do you get that from playing the piano?

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

I get it like that also and will second SWBuckmaster's shower in HOT water for relief.

I got blood poisoning once from a poison oak rash, big black streak up my arm, scary chit.

I think I caught it looking at this thread like Nickman.

There is no good purpose for this chit and I cannot understand its existence.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

About the only
>home remedies I know of
>is straight bleach with a
>cotton ball to apply it.
> It dries out the
>rash quicker, burns like fire,
>but it works.
>WVBOWAK

+1 using bleach and cotton ball.

I lived in the Santa Cruz Mts when I was in high school we cut oak and madrone for beer and gas money, poison oak was every where and I got it often and bleach worked better than anything.

According to the Doc. about 10% of people don't get it. We did some night fishing on a river that ha banks full of it this year 4 of us all in shorts in an out of the river. The guys I was fishing with all got it bad. I've never got it yet, I hope it continues because it was nasty for those guys.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-11 AT 02:04PM (MST)[p]WOW. I was mountain biking one time on a trail called bloody nose trail, and crashed bad twice. Fist one was on the way to the start of the trail riding on a dirt road and a jack@@@ towing a horse tailer at about 40 MPH through me off the side of the road, and I rolled through a huge pack of poison oak. Got about another mile into the ride and tried to jump over a log at the edge of a creek bed, cause the back tire went over the bars, fell 30 ft lading flat in my back, bracking L5 in back and 2 ribs, then had to climb through another pach of oak to get out. Finished the ride went to hospital next day then 3 weeks later was covered in blisters head to toe and evey where in between, 2 weeks home it bed. For the next 1 1/2 years I would breakout every few months it was hell, For me the only thing that helped was a hot!!! bath with 2 cup of bleach in it.

ouch!

Now that's a bad case, Hope like hell I don't get it like that.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I get that chit every year in blue canyon cutting oak firewood,but not like that i feel for that man!!!I cant even get close to it without breakin out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom