POINTS QUESTION ???

YukonDall

Long Time Member
I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING POINTS FOR ELK, DEER, & LOPE. IF I JUST BUY POINTS FOR ELK & ANTELOPE WILL I LOSE MY DEER POINTS?? OR IS IT AS LONG AS YOUR BUYING ANY POINTS YOUR GOOD NOT TO LOSE DEER POINTS???? ALSO : HOW MANY YEARS DOES IT TAKE OF NOT BUYING POINTS TO LOSE THEM ?? THANKS FELLAS................YD.

Unless the rules have changed, I believe that if you DON'T BUY the point for any animal for 3 years, you loose the points you had for the species of game that YOU DID NOT buy the points on prior. If you say like you did that you only buy for Elk & Lope and stopped on the Deer then you loose the deer points. That that small cost, why stop on one and continue on the other 2 species....Buy all 3 and then no worries.

Brianhttp://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

THANKS FELLAS !!!

BRIAN.......I AM ALMOST OUT OF THE DEER GAME. JUST NOT A BIG DEER FAN ANYMORE AND WHAT DEER I DO HUNT ARE IN OTHER STATES.

THAT WYOMING DRIVE IS A BUTT WHIPPER!!!! JUST GOT BACK FROM A GREAT LOPE HUNT !!!! THANKS GUYS.............YD.

Game and fish website and/or a phone call to Cheyenne and you'll have all the answers.

I just got a letter from WY G&F saying my ol'e lady needs to buy some points this year or lose them . It is 2 years of not buying points and they're gone. You have to buy points for every animal you have points for. The ones you don't buy points for after 2 years are gone. She has 5 points for goats and 5 for elk and she received two separate letters. She drew a good NM elk tag last year and we flat forgot about WY.

HEY BUZZ, THANKS FOR THE TIP. BUT THIS BOARD PROVIDES GUYS WITH PAST EXPERIENCE ON THE GIVEN SUBJECT, MULTIPLE RESPONSES (PM'S ALSO), CHEAPER THAN A LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALL, ITS QUICKER BECAUSE NOBODY PUTS YOU ON HOLD, NO ELEVATOR MUSIC TO WADE THROUGH EITHER. HUNTING INFO IS WHAT THESE MM PAGES ARE ALL ABOUT, BUT THANKS FOR THE TIP.....................YD.

Dave...which unit did you fellas hunt for the Lopes? Only have 1 going into next years draw so will be a few years yet before I get to go back for Lopes....but still have Deer points and using up my Elk points next month.

I too drive out from Kali but I make the 1st stop in Elko and the Star Hotel the first day and the second day we are in our location to hunt, breaks up the continuing commute.

A couple of months ago I drove straight home from Tucson, AZ to my home in NorCal it took me just over 18 hours of driving including stops for fuel and eats. I was beat for 2 days. Will not do that again. Years ago I would drive from home to Colo with no stops other than eats/gas. But was 30 years younger...LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom