Point and Shoot Digital with RAW Output Option

drake2h

I'm not a photography expert but appreciate having a camera capable of capturing quality pictures. I have a limited budget (around $400) and am looking to upgrade from my current setup (an older, basic 6 MP Olympus). What do you folks recommend for a point and shoot digital with RAW output capability? Thanks in advance!

The new Panasonic LX-3 has a RAW mode and is an excellent choice. Not only that but it has a 2.0-2.8, 24-60 lens. Great for scenic shots and dawn and dusk shots.
We can do a kit for you:2x 2 gig sd cards, case, extra battery and a card reader for 444.99.
Let me know

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

+1 on Joel's recommendation.

I bought one of the first ones he received a couple weeks ago. See the "LOTS of Lumix DMC-LX3 pix" thread for some of the results.

It's a great camera for taking in-the-field photos, hero shots, scenics, etc. BUT...if you're looking for a camera to take wildlife photos, this one won't do it; you'll want one with higher zoom capability.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Thanks guys. The LX3 is definitely up there on my list. Any thoughts on the Nikon L6000?

As for taking wildlife shots, any recommendations for a very amateur photographer?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom