poaching in the bookcliffs

justr_86

Long Time Member
Seems this year is as or worse. I have heard the fish and game asking for info on 3 different bucks. Most recent being today, 28 inch 4 point left whole on the kings well road shot with high power rifle. Only suspect is an 80s style chev or gmc 2 tone brown. Any info leading to an arrest gets a bookcliffs deer tag if elligable.

Another at the head of greens draw shot with high power rifle with the head cut off and the rest left.

Another seep ridge road below buck canyon. Head cut off the rest left.

1 bull elk in hay canyon from a few months ago.

Disgusting to me! If anyone knows anything speak up!
1800662deer.

It amazes me that people are so willing to risk poaching in an area that has so many eyes on it, hang 'em high.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Obviously these were not folks starving...left meat in each case. Is wrong to shoot a doe to feed one's family but I would pause for a bit before I put that person in jail. For these that left the meat and presumably are shooting mature bucks and bulls...I have some rope if you have a nice tree.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-09 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]I don't know anybody that wouldn't give someone meat if they ask.

There are a lot of people down there but its a huge area.

I wish the gas company's would offer extra incentive for employee's willing to be on some sort of wildlife task force while on the job out their.

Something similar to the EMT program at places I've worked. you got paid more for taking the course and carrying a radio.

everyone that works at my company is watching! The only problem is we dont have wells down far enough to get into anything but maybe and antelope or wildhorse. I know that for the Ute tribe access permit you cannot have a firearm, bow, slingshot or any other weapon that is capable of firing a projectile, If caught with one they can/will yank that companies entire access permit.
Its either brave employees or or just a scumbag poacher. Take a picture it will last longer!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-09 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]When was the kings well buck shot, last sunday......

I was just south of there sunday about noon and heard 2 or 3 shots come from that way, but was not very close.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Jake
I'm not sure what day it was shot I just heard the dwr asking for info on the radio. If you saw the truck and might know who it is call the dwr.

DWR need to put up trailcams(alot of them) and get license plates of everyone coming and going at least then they have a starting place. Say 400 trucks now they ONLY have that many to check out.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom