Poachers!

Cam@strawberry

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-11 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]It has come to my attention that beaver poaching has become a large problem, the hunt of a beav is a honorable and difficult endeaver. Beaver poachers steal that trophy away from the hard working man!

Truly the greatest trophy a man can seek is the elusive 'bald beaver' a creature that only appears after much work and careful effort. Once found a man may see this creature frequently for a short period, however as time wears on, it becomes more and more seclusive only making appearences for special occasions. Then finally leaving the lucky indivdual high and dry!

Has anyone been a victim of beaver poaching or the false hope of the bald beaver?? Tell us your story share some pics!

littlebeaver.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-11 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]It has come to my attention that beaver poaching has become a large problem, the hunt of a beav is a honorable and difficult endeaver. Beaver poachers steal that trophy away from the hard working man!

Truly the greatest trophy a man can seek is the elusive 'bald beaver' a creature that only appears after much work and careful effort. Once found a man may see this creature frequently for a short period, however as time wears on, it becomes more and more seclusive only making appearences for special occasions. Then finally leaving the lucky indivdual high and dry!

Has anyone been a victim of beaver poaching or the false hope of the bald beaver?? Tell us your story share some pics!

littlebeaver.jpg

No poaching here, but have paid to harvest some in an high fence area. It was quite an experience. The high fence ones will do most anything. Granted now, I enjoy teasing them more than the actual harvest. That is because of the semi tame one I have at home.

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

No poaching here, but have paid to harvest some in an high fence area. It was quite an experience. The high fence ones will do most anything. Granted now, I enjoy teasing them more than the actual harvest. That is because of the semi tame one I have at home.

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

I HAVE FOUND THAT ONCE THE BEAVER TASTES WEDDING CAKE.....SIGHTINGS BECOME VERY RARE.....ALMOST A MYSTIC FURRY CREATURE .....................YD.

I HAVE FOUND THAT ONCE THE BEAVER TASTES WEDDING CAKE.....SIGHTINGS BECOME VERY RARE.....ALMOST A MYSTIC FURRY CREATURE .....................YD.

>No poaching here, but have paid
>to harvest some in an
>high fence area. It was
>quite an experience. The high
>fence ones will do most
>anything. Granted now, I enjoy
>teasing them more than the
>actual harvest. That is because
>of the semi tame one
>I have at home.
>
>
>
>
>
>Outside of a horse is good
>for the inside of a
>man.

HA ha. You pay the right price at them high fenced places you get to pick and choose the beav you want. But like most hunters its the excitement of the fair chase, the stalks, the close calls that gets me coming back for more

>No poaching here, but have paid
>to harvest some in an
>high fence area. It was
>quite an experience. The high
>fence ones will do most
>anything. Granted now, I enjoy
>teasing them more than the
>actual harvest. That is because
>of the semi tame one
>I have at home.
>
>
>
>
>
>Outside of a horse is good
>for the inside of a
>man.

HA ha. You pay the right price at them high fenced places you get to pick and choose the beav you want. But like most hunters its the excitement of the fair chase, the stalks, the close calls that gets me coming back for more

I like the idea of high-fence beaver ranching. You can pick the beaver that suits your taste, then return it to it habitat and walk away with finances still intact. I had a pet beaver once that suffered from weddingcake-induced bedroom coma. Actually, it looked more like a Chia Pet.

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

I like the idea of high-fence beaver ranching. You can pick the beaver that suits your taste, then return it to it habitat and walk away with finances still intact. I had a pet beaver once that suffered from weddingcake-induced bedroom coma. Actually, it looked more like a Chia Pet.

For long distance dial 1-800-338-EDGE

Some are worse than stray dogs. I brought one home once that wasn't quite the trophy that I first thought. When I tried to push it out the door, it started this pitiful whining sound that I was scared would wake the neighbors. I felt bad and let it stay for the weekend, but was finally able to rid myself of the pest by going to work. I think they have a pretty good sense of direction, because once they know where you live they often return.

Some are worse than stray dogs. I brought one home once that wasn't quite the trophy that I first thought. When I tried to push it out the door, it started this pitiful whining sound that I was scared would wake the neighbors. I felt bad and let it stay for the weekend, but was finally able to rid myself of the pest by going to work. I think they have a pretty good sense of direction, because once they know where you live they often return.

that is the funniest thing ever. i have not seen a bald beaver in months and came home from scouting deer and found one last week....... what a surprise.............. lol.......

that is the funniest thing ever. i have not seen a bald beaver in months and came home from scouting deer and found one last week....... what a surprise.............. lol.......

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-11 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]Shot one last night. Took pernt near an hour of coaxing to get that beaver to show itself but it finally did and then it took 2 rounds to keep that beaver down. Not the best coat i've seen, kind of short and bristly to be honest, but I still feel that beaver was/is worth mounting. Gonna try again later tonite.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-11 AT 06:46PM (MST)[p]Shot one last night. Took pernt near an hour of coaxing to get that beaver to show itself but it finally did and then it took 2 rounds to keep that beaver down. Not the best coat i've seen, kind of short and bristly to be honest, but I still feel that beaver was/is worth mounting. Gonna try again later tonite.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-11 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]I had an encounter with one this afternoon. It met me at the door as I got home from work. I always carry one in the chamber for this type of encounter, however didn't want to raise into shooting position just yet, as there were innocent bystanders around. I stalked it into cover, and then it turned on me. It was touch and go there for a while. It was on top, then i was on top, back and forth. Just waiting for the perfect shot opportunity. I finally had saw my chance, pulled up and shot. direct hit. I went for the camera to get you your pics but this beav is camera shy and was gone very quick. Good luck to others in getting pics of this elusive creature.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-11 AT 07:41PM (MST)[p]I had an encounter with one this afternoon. It met me at the door as I got home from work. I always carry one in the chamber for this type of encounter, however didn't want to raise into shooting position just yet, as there were innocent bystanders around. I stalked it into cover, and then it turned on me. It was touch and go there for a while. It was on top, then i was on top, back and forth. Just waiting for the perfect shot opportunity. I finally had saw my chance, pulled up and shot. direct hit. I went for the camera to get you your pics but this beav is camera shy and was gone very quick. Good luck to others in getting pics of this elusive creature.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom