PM'S

YELUM

Long Time Member
Twice in the last week, I've got a notice saying I have a private message, but when I go to my inbox, there are NO new messages. Anybody know why thats happening?

Yelum

Hey YELUM!

It's been doing that to me for years!

Think there's a Glitch?

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-11 AT 06:13PM (MST)[p]Secret Santa?......or Bessy is messin with ya!

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Been happening to me for years too. I think that its the last message you recieved not getting reset. fatrooster.

You have teenage boys? Somebody is clearing your browser history/cookies so when MM loads it looks like new messages to your browser. Someone doesn't want people knowing what websites they are looking at.

Thats funny, and ya that has been a problem in the past, but today I'm guilty. I clean off my temperary internet files. But it did it to me last week also.

Yelum

Yeah, my puter guy set me up so mine clears all info once i close the tab. I always have to re-sign back in and whenever i make my first post here after doing so, i get the message that i have a pm. My puter guy is pretty sharp, says to leave it alone and suffer signing into my various accounts, i'll be better off, more secure...

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

same here, i notice it when my computer does a mandotory shut-down and then you got to resign into monster muleys.

WHEN FOUNDER DOES CLEAN UP OF SYSTEM, IT WILL TRIGGER ALL THE MESSAGES IN YOUR INBOX. Click on one and open and close it and it will clear when you leave MM.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I messaged the founder the same thing a few weeks ago. For me, it was a case of using different computers and each computer not having stored a cookie for this site. Every time I used a different computer it acted like it had never read those messages. Might not be everyones problem, but hope to help some of you.

The forum program uses the cookie it places on your computer to track whether you have viewed PM's or not. If you access the site from mulitple computers, then there will be two seperate cookies. So, you may read your PM's on one computer, but then when you look at the site from another, it doesn't know you've already read your cookies and shows that you have new PM's.
Also, if you delete your cookie and return to the site, the new cookie doesn't know that you have read your PM's.

All this cookie talk is making hungary.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

What is comical is when I got on from a WI-FI connection out of state, it showed I had PM's.

I opened the PM inbox and every PM since Jan 7, 2003 showed as not read!

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom