Plots

never_catch

Long Time Member
My grandparents are getting pretty old and are having a harder time seeing animals at a distance these days so I'm going plant some clover literally right outside thier bedroom window at our cabin in hopes that some stupid moose and deer will feed on it early in the mornings next spring/summer. This isn't for hunting purposes at all, just trying to grow a small patch to get some critters in close for a few minutes each day for them to enjoy looking at.

Anyways I'm not really framiliar with food plots and was hoping some whitetail hunters could give me any advice on planting this stuff. It's not going to be watered regularly or anything once planted (just rain) and with how hot and dry it gets up there in the summer I'm sure it'll all be dead by the end of July which is fine, but still would like to try it out for them. If it doesn't work, oh well...

Would you spread the seed now before it snows or wait til end of May next year when the snow melts off?? Also I've heard lime is a good idea to lay down before hand, is that true?? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!!

~Z~

Real wildlife watchers don't use plots, salt licks, ect. You must feel real proud of yourself for even thinking such a thought. :) P.S. I hope they walk in to the cabin under their own power. Use of a motor vehicle will cause low birth weight, and high mortality in the wild communities. ....there that ought to about cover every aspect you might get yelled at for. :) SARCASM OFF.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I will offer you some real help. I suggest you plant products from the Whitetail institute that has had Ray Scott as the directer. the imperial whitetail clover has worked very well for me I have about five acres planted on my farm and harvest it like hay so it stays lush and green. I have never killed a deer on the plot. I would suggest you get a soil test to find out what the soil needs to grow a good crop. If the ph is too low you will need clover as it does better on acid soils otherwise alfalfa will do the job much better if your area gets dry. I like a seperate area for each type if you are in the expiremental stage. be sure to add plenty of potash and some nitrogen to get it started. I also suggest the spraying of roundup before you till up the soil sa these products don't lioke competition. I also like to plant roundup ready soybeans that deer reall go for head over heels. the added bonus of soybeans is that they will continue to feed on them into the fall. If you need to talk to me personally you can call me after pming me on this board.
driftersifter

I'm very interested to see if this works so if you need any help just let me know!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-21-09 AT 03:06PM (MST)[p]Hope this helps out. Im sure if its done right you can get them hooked and coming in regularly.

HOW TO Grow Marijuana Outdoors

Marijuana plants require a minimum of eight hours of sunlight per day and should be planted in late April/early May, after the last frost of the year. Growing an outdoor marijuana crop has been the favored method over the years, because marijuana seems to grow better without as much attention when in its natural habitat.

Growing marijuana outdoors requires precautions not encountered with an indoors crop; you must be able to avoid detection, both from law enforcement freaks, common freaks, and Utards, all of whom will take your weed and probably use it. Of course, one will also arrest you. You must also have access to the area to prepare the soil and harvest the crop. There are two schools of thought about starting the marijuana seeds. One says you should start the seedlings for about ten days in an indoor starter box (see the indoor section) and then transplant. The other theory is that you should just start them in the correct location. Fewer plants will come up with this method, but there is no shock of transplant to kill some of the seedlings halfway through.

The soil should be prepared for the little devils by turning it over a couple of times and adding about one cup of hydrated lime per square yard of soil and a little bit (not too much, now) of good water soluble nitrogen fertilizer. The soil should now be watered several times and left to sit about one week.

The plants should be planted at least three feet apart, getting too greedy and stacking them too close will result in stunted plants. The plants like some water during their growing season, BUT not too much. This is especially true around the roots, as too much water will rot the root system.

Grass grows well in corn or hops, and these plants will help provide some camouflage. It does not grow well with rye, or spinach It is probably a good idea to plant in many small, broken patches, as people tend to notice patterns.

LMAO...LMAO...LAMO...ok now I'm going to go back and actually read whatever the hell you just wrote about my weed farm...

~Z~

LMAO Sounds like you boys got Granny set up to smoke a few "leftys":) In all seriousness a bale of alfalfa hay out and about with a mineral block close may not be a bad idea. It grows year round at the feed store and you dont have to water or fertilize it. Year around snow or sunlight they will eat it. Good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom