PleaseDear

2lumpy

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-12 AT 02:09PM (MST)[p]Skeena was 12 feet high, muddy. BC having a heavy moisture year. Accomplished the goal of seeing the country and learning the roads. Salmon were in the rivers but very few anglers, due to water conditions. Steelhead run won't start in until last August or Sept. then the larger strains come up in Oct., November, they say.

BC northern interior is beautiful but very tight for a guy raised on the prairie, I liked the more open feel in the Yukon.

Here a pic or two from the trip. Wish I had the photographic skills of a some of the folks that post pic here.

8838skeena.jpg

Kispiox - Native American Netting Site

4721indiannettingsite.jpg

Sockeye

6300sockeye.jpg

Near Skagway

5553skagway.jpg

Critters where here and there.
8615jasperelk.jpg

8948bear.jpg

2962bear2.jpg

9832bighorn.jpg

Diesel Fuel was as much as $6.25 per gal. Ugly!

DC

Nice Job Lumpy!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Thanks boys, now it's back to the barn to reload. I've still got to get a hook in one of those steelhead. Maybe some of you all will jump in with me and we'll make an October run up, one of these days. Four good old boys in a crew cab, works for me.

All the best.
DC

It's a serious invitation! I'll really thinking of some way to create a sportsmen's club/organization that puts guys with common trips together to make some of these long but worthwhile trips.

I was in Prince Rupert BC during the middle of July and the halibut charters were limiting out every day but I was there with my wife who wasn't interested in fishing. A halibut charter out of Rupert runs $1,100.00 to $1,250.00 for a day trip. Three or four guys on the other hand could have filled their freezers for a very reasonable price, if they split the cost.

Same with other trips I've looked into.

If 20 or 30 folks got together every year and planned 3 or 4 trips and any that wanted to jump into the trip could, everyone could afford to go more places, more often and experience some of these distant adventures.

For example, I want to do a three day tarpon trip to Florida this next May/June. If I could find two or three other like minded sportsmen to go, we could have a great trip for a lot less than going alone.

I guess if your loaded with cash it's no never mind but I'm not and would like to do more with my limited resources. Besides, for me, it's more fun if I've go some buddies along for the fun.

DC

Not a bad idea at all.

As far as this year---

I start in early Sept and go all the way thru into Dec. on hunt trips.

Mostly my tags but a few tag-a-longs on Sheep-Rocky and even 1 D-Ram hunt in Az.....

Thanks for sure.

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom