Please Help! (Warner youth deer)

O

OregonBighorn

Was just asked to help with my niece's north warner youth tag. I have only hunted this unit for bighorn and deer once, but that was years ago. I have two nieces ages twelve and thirteen that need help. Due to the economy their dad hasn't been able to scout. He does however have the weekend to hunt with them. I am working out of state or I would be over there too. Any info regarding where a few deer might be at this time of year would be appreciated. Only advice I have gotten was Drakes Peak and Honey Creek? I thought Drakes was private but i'll be doing research. Anyways thanks again. OB

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

I bowhunted the opening week in the North Warners. To be honest we didn't see a whole lot. We hunted arount Bull Prarie.

We did scout the area two week's before opening of bow season and did see a HUGE 4x5 that ran right into the mud creek camp ground.

The only area in North Warner that I have hunted is around Bull Prarie.

The area is deffently one of those areas where one day you might not see hardly anything, then the next day you could se multiple good bucks.

Thanks for the info Silverlake 176. I am finding that the numbers are way down just like the rest of eastern Oregon. I will pass on the information. Thanks again, OB

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Thank you OregonCoast! I will pass on the info and keep you posted on how they do.

Back
Top Bottom