Please help Sharon............

M

manny16

4b4efb5416783e74.jpg

Sharon in her Section 8 home!

Sharon Jasper has spent 57 of her 58 years dedicated to one cause and one cause only, and has nothing to show for her dedicated servitude...
She has lived in Section 8 housing all but 1 of her 58 years. It was a legacy passed down from her parents who moved into Section 8 housing in 1949 when she was six months old. She has passed the legacy down to her children, but fears they may have to get jobs to pay for the utilities and deposits.

She laments about her one year hiatus from the comfort of her Section 8 nirvana, ' I tried it for a year -- you know, working and all. It's not anything I would want to go through again, or wish on anyone in my family, but I am damn proud of that year.'
Sharon was moved out of her St. Bernard housing project after hurricane Katrina and into a new, yet albeit, substandard quarterage. As can be noted from the above photo of her new Section 8 home, it is repugnant and not suitable for someone of Sharon Jasper's seniority status in the system. 'Don't be fooled by them hardwood floors,' says Sharon . 'They told me they were putting in scraped wood floors cause it was more expensive and elegant, but I am not a fool -- that was just a way to make me take scratched up wood because I am black. The 60 inch HD TV? It may look nice but it is not plasma. It's not a plasma because I'm black. Now they want me to pay a deposit and utilities on this dump.? 'Do you know why?'
She has held her tongue in silence through the years of abuse by the system, but it came to a head at the New Orleans ' city council meeting where discussions were under way about the tearing down of the St. Bernard projects. When a near riotous exchange between groups opposing the tearing down of St. Bernard and groups wanting the dilapidated buildings torn down and newer ones built, Sharon unleashed verbal hell with her once silenced tongue. The object of her oratory prowess was an acquiescent poor white boy in attendance. The context of her scathing rebuke was, 'Just because you pay for my house, my car, my big screen and my food, I will not be treated like a slave!' and 'Back up and Shut up! Shut up, white boy! Shut up, white boy!'
Recapping from the mental log of the city council minutes in her head, Sharon repines, 'Our families have been displaced all over the United States. They are being forced to commit crimes in cities they are unfamiliar with? It is a very uncomfortable situation for them? Bring them back, then let's talk about redevelopment.'
Sharon directs the reporter's attention across the street to Duncan Plaza where homeless people are living in tents and states that, 'I might do better out there with one of these tents.' She further lamented her sentiments about her situation, 'I might be poor, but I don't have to live poor.'

============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= =========
Any wonder why this country is in the shape it is? Maybe we should all just chip in and get her the plasma TV she so richly deserves!
Remember to pay your taxes - Sharon needs your help
Spread the wealth!

soon the love in his heart will be the rage in his fist

Jesus is coming and boy is he pissed

4b4654d74c2d46ca.jpg

I deal with these people daily in my job. It makes me sick to see them living like that. I love it when they get caught hiding income or an inheritance and then have to pay thier own way. Whine, whine, whine!

Yep, the democrats main voting base! These are the folks who put Obama in office.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

That has to be a put-on. No way that gets reported like that, the media would white-wash this story (so to speak) to make her side of the story sound more sympathetic.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-14-10 AT 04:50PM (MST)[p]Sharon represents the 36 percent of Americans who support the health care reform bill now in Congress.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-10 AT 08:17AM (MST)[p]Wow, how old are some of you guys? Junior high? You sure are gullible. This is what is called "satire". Lets all say "satire" at the count of three...one, two, three, "SATIRE". Very good! While it has some elements of truth, most of it is false, or twisted of exaggerated. For the sake of peace, I won't say what I think some of you really are. Snopes.com is your friend if some you can pull the beam out of your eye.

30-30

Really KillerBee? Hilarious...nope

Satire or not the New Orleans BS pisses me off. My sister lives in Cedar Rapids, IA and the majority of that city was wiped out a couple years ago. I saw the damage first hand, and though on a smaller scale, was every bit as bad as New Orleans. You sure as hell didn't see all the begging, bitching, and handouts that you did from New Orleans. People sacked up and got back to work building their lives back up.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

thirty-thirty,
That is the problem with this country to many people don't believe that this type of thing could be true. Have you ever stepped foot into any section 8 houses? I have seen numerous, and I have seen some that are truly poor but, there are many just like you see above. I have seen this type of thing time after time where I work. I have gone into section 8 houses and found brand new highend bigscreen TVs, stereos, DVD-bluerays, new furniture, lap tops, the newest cellpones, Ipods, designer clothing, new mercedes or cadillac or 2 in the garage. It is real and until the rest of america wakes up and sees it first hand the hard working people will keep being taxed more and more to support these parasites. Why should they work when they know they can get it free for life?

It pisses me off when I work so hard for the little money I make and struggle to keep afloat some times when things are tuff, yet some people live so good never working a day in their life. The worst thing is how blatant, and proud they are that they have lived this way for several generations in their familys.

And you wounder way this country is financially so F@@@@@ up, just keep giving our tax dollors away and keep taking more from the people that actually contribute to economic growth.

WHO IS THE GULLIBLE ONE?;-)

I don't doubt that this scenario could exists. A satire usually is woven with a thread of truth however small it may be. This article was not meant to portray hard facts and complete truth. My previous reply, was meant to call out those making ignorant statements, or throwing out racist innuendos. This scenario is not just a "negro" (thanks, Killerbee)problem. It could be any race. Trashy ways and false victim-hood aren't based on a certain skin color as some, in this thread, have implied.

30-30

Thirtythirty, I see that picture of section 8 almost daily at work. That photo is closer to the truth than you know and it is no small truth as stated in your last post. Yes, you are right it is all races no doubt about it. Make Sharon happy keep paying your taxes. I know of one woman on section 8 who hid and lied about an inheritance of over 400,000 dollars and she is still living off of us for the time being. Only time will tell of the outcome.

I don't doubt that there are plenty of situations like this. If you compare the actual facts to the truth in this particular article, you can see that the satirist is playing a little loose with the truth here. This kind of subsidy and welfare recipient exist everywhere. It will only get worse with the current administration. Right now, New Orleans and some of its citizens, are definitely the most high profile. I would submit that our nation's capital, pre-Katrina, probably blew New Orleans out of the water for this kind of perpetually dishonest crap, at a multi-generational level and pace.

30-30

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom