Plateau / Parker Mountain Antelope

J

jet1077

I was just making final preps to haed out and try and fill my archery antelope tag and wanted to check to see what kind of success people had this past weekend. Did you see lots of animals? Are they spooked yet? Any last minute tips or advice?
Thanks for the help

WOW they are so spoked.We were up hunting antelope at 9800 feet almost by hay lakes.The only way we could get close to them is to have my dad push them into me.Try sit around the trees for the best cover.Opening morning I put a three hour stalk on them and got within 48 yards of a buck,took a shot and he ducked my arrow.Saturday night we came across a different heard.My dad pushed them into me and took another shot at 58 yards.Its was just in front of him.On sunday morning my dad pushed another big heard into me and took my last shot at 62 yards and went right under him because I thought he would duck my arrow.They are way spooked now.You can't get withen 300 yards of them on a normal stock,you will have to have someone help you push them into you.We watched several Antelope walk to water but they are so spooked if they see anything by the water they will not come in at all,they just bolt off in a different direction.The only way you will get them from a blind is if it was there in June or July.They will reconize a new blind right off the bat and will not come into your water.There was other Antelope hunters everywhere down low and quite a few up high as well.They have been pushed by everyone all week long now.When I found them on last friday they were 5 miles away from where they are now.They are hanging between Antelope Springs and hay lakes.There is about 500 of them total in that area.I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you will have a great time on the Parker.

I would try a tree stand around some of the water if they are not coming in with a new ground blind. I know that can be easier said than done on the Parker but some of those areas that are on the far south end should provide an oppurtunity I would think.
Spot and Stalk Antelope is crazy hard but if you can get it done more power to you. Think outside the box a litte and maybe you will have some luck.

Jordan

We were up scouting the same area 8/9 weekend for our rifle hunt on 9/6.
Couldn't believe how spooked they were even a week before the archery hunt.We felt a challenge with rifles let alone a bow hunt.
There is alot of water up there, seems all ponds have water, which will also add to the challenge.Driving them seems to be a good choice or be in the location to take advantage of them moving when approached by others, as they were moving 1 or 2 miles when they got spooked.
Good luck to all on your hunts.
Hopefully we'll post pics after a 7 point wait for some tasty goats.

I was going to go back down this weekend but with the Goats so spooked I think I will go deer hunting instead.Better luck next time I draw out.One thing is for sure the next time I put in for Antelope it will be Any legal weapon hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom