Plateau - Early Doe Antelope

S

sharpstick

I drew out on the two-doe antelope hunt this year which starts on the 3rd of October. I realize this is mostly a rifle hunt here in Utah but since I love bow hunting, I was wondering if someone who is familiar with the unit could give me some suggestions on where to go and set up a ground blind near a water hole? I'm from northern Utah and not really familiar with the area. I plan on making a weekend scouting trip here soon with hopes of finding a waterhole to set up my blind. Any tips would be appreciated and if anyone drew and would like join me, I'd love to hook up. Thanks for your help.

sharpstick, I would give it a couple days to die down out there and even go on a weekday if possible. That time of year might be a little tough to set up on a water hole if its cold and wet. I went in August and had goats come in everyday. If your set on hunting that way I would just pick any water hole out there that has goats near and see if they are coming in. I set mine up the night before and had goats coming in the next morning.

It has been my experience that you will see wet weather over 50% of the time during an early October hunt on the Plateau unit. Nevertheless, you'll see antelope at any of the numerous waters in the area.

Thank you all for your advice and help. It should be a fun hunt rain or shine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom