Plantar like Peyton

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
So I was looking at some Elk today with a tag and gun but my foot started to spasm and they were 1400 yards steeply above me. I returned to my truck, and headed home.
I did however report the elk I found with backstraps gone and ivory teeth gone. SMH

I did blow it. I didn't mention the part about leaving my knife and saw at home which I realized as I was watching the ell through my binos.
230 p.m., no knife or tools and a 1500 yard climb to shoot one.
I lost my brain....

I don't think you lost your brain at all Deer. With Knife, tools and 1500 yard uphill hike used in the same sentence, I'd say you use your brain. I think Cow elk were born to be shot close to the road. And for the plantar thing? That is nasty sh@&$t! I fought that crap for years, it really does wreck your ability to get out and go.

Plantar Fasciitis can be very debilitating. I have dealt with it
on and off for years. Last go-a-round took a year to heal. Cortisone injections, physical therapy, and finally an orthotic did the trick.
It has ruined a couple of hunts for me since I love to cover a lot of ground on foot.
There is a simple stretch routine that will help reduce the chances of developing it.

Yes I'm doing the stretching more, wearing orthotics and had o e cortisone. The times it flares up is rough for sure. I refuse to take any opiods and take ibuprofen . I had a neuroma cut out 14 years ago and it was worse.
I have 5 days left I can get out as maybe try again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom