Plans changed

E

elkspert

So my dad and I had a late season hunt that fell through this year. Now it looks like we will be coming over for a late season whitetail hunt Nov 14-20th. We have been doing some research on this for a couple of years knowing we would eventually do this hunt. We started looking around Grangeville but have since moved north a bit toward Orofino. What we looking for is some areas to pitch a wall tent and get behind some locked gates. Preferably walk in or mountain bike.(We do have quads if needed). Also, Can a guy pitch a tent anywhere? How is the firewood supply? From what I understand the gated roads on the private timber lands have clear-cuts for glassing but also get hit pretty hard by the quads. With that we are thinking about still hunting in some of the thicker stuff and off the beaten path behind some gated areas. Not really looking for any honey holes just a direction to get a camp set up and start hunting. Right now we feel like we don't really have any direction on where to start. I have also ordered the Clearwater forest map. Is there any other maps I may need? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom