Planning for 2016

kilowatt

Unless illness catches up to me I will be taking 2016 off and NO HUNTING FOR ME THAT YEAR.

Working on planning stages right now where I will venture to but will be returning to VIETNAM for a 2 week R&R. In 2016 it will be 44 years ago that I left there from Danang/Saigon.
Been reading of all the tours and still not sure where I will finally go over there. But will try to locate some of my old "hideouts" although there are no sleazy bars like when I was there....so no cheap drinks. And I am sure there is no "helicopter ride rooms" anymore to be found.

My wife said have a good time and don't get lost and forget to come back to USA. Now why would she say that...LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Way to go kilowatt. I hope your trip is everything you hope it will be. Thank you so very much for the many sacrifices you made, in our behalf, during your years of service.

DC

Hey kilo?

Think any of the Chicks will remember you?:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

>Way to go kilowatt. I
>hope your trip is everything
>you hope it will be.
> Thank you so very
>much for the many sacrifices
>you made, in our behalf,
>during your years of service.
>
>
>DC
+1

I hope your trip brings you everything you hope for, May the good memories be enlightened and the bad memories fade. I thank you sir for your service. =Salute=

No amount of money could persuade my old man to go back.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>You gonna go to any of
>the military museums?

I'm pretty sure Kilowatt IS the museum.

J/K! I hope it all works out Brian. Have a safe trip!

My Dad had several chances to go back to Utah Beach in France but wasn't interested. My sister went last year though.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Elkass...I sure hope not as they would be old & ugly with rotten teeth or maybe a tooth only.

feddoc....I doubt it as I might get locked up in prison over there for vandalizing the places. I have heard that they really make it like the USA is the bad person/s. Cu Chi Tunnels is open for tours but they can have that I would not fit in there, not that skinny.

2 other of my buddies from service might be going over too. One for sure along with his wife and maybe Topper and his wife would go also. Me, I am going alone why have the wife there to ruin the trip. She would not go due to the weather and humidity and all the motorcycles and gas fumes. I do want to spend maybe 3-4 days in and around Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) then head north to maybe Dalat, Nha Trang, then to Danang and probably up to Hue.

I spent 18 months in Danang working up there as a civilian at the old China Beach...our company took over running the Complex so that is a place I do wnat to visit...a bunch of 5 star resorts there now right on the beach.
My friend Bill wants to go to 2 places I have never heard of so that might be interesting....Nui Ba Den where he was, then to Dau Tieng where the 25th Inf. Division was in 1967-68.

Here is the Hotel I probably will stay in there in Saigon...nothing like the old Astor Hotel when I was there 50 years ago. Right in the middle of the main section of restaurants, bars and night clubs.
8948huongsenhotel.jpg

Brian

Brian, I hope your trip works out well for you guys!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Homer.....it is not a picture it is a video. Maybe before I leave for VN I will post for everyone till Founder kicks me out for GOOD.....LOL

By then all the "youngsters" on here will grow up.

Brian

Here is the roof top of this same hotel to have a few drinks and look out over "Saigon again".

2720huongsenhotelrooftop.jpg

Brian

Kilo,
Be safe and have a great adventure!

....not hunting in 2016? I don't know about that one, however.

Best,
Zeke

1911 if I took Overton with me he would probably try to buy up some beach front property over there and keep it to himself.

XEKE....next year I will be putting together another of our unit reunions in LV during Aug 2016. We meet every 2 years down there. Will then leave around end of Oct or there abouts to go to VN for the last time. The worst part is the 19-20 hour flight to get there and then later to come back to USA.

Brian

I did a search for you Brian. There are 7 listings in Saigon with people with your last name, all in their 50's.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom