pistol grip heads-K&K vs Outdoorsmans

bingo

I have narrowed my search for the best pistol grip head to one of these 2. I have eliminated the Manfratto due to size and weight. Does it really work to turn it horizontal and use it for a rifle rest? Any advice on which is better would be appreciated.

I have looked at the K&K but have never used one but I've almost always have heard nothing but good stuff about thier tripods. I am familiar with the Outddorsmans pistol grip and I find that it is smaller than the K&K which means it weighs less. I've been using it for three years and yes, it will turn down so that you can use it as a rifle rest. I'm very happy with the Outdoorsmans and would recommend it to anyone. fatrooster.

Not to disagree with Fatrooster about the Outdoorsman head. I think there products are excellent. I do know that K&K only weighs 12oz. with the quick disconnect and retails at $109.00- quite less than the Outdoorsman. They are both high quality and you will not go wrong with either one.
Good Hunting!
Bill

huntnbill, you are definitely right, outdoorsmans products are probably the most expensive tripod accesories on the market. Their pistol grip head cost $179.00 and weighs in at 9.8oz. Anytime you shave weight the price goes up in the world of back packing which is what outdoorsmans caters to.
Don't worry about disagreeing with me because I value everyones opinion and many times you guys change my opinion. fatrooster.

fatty,
How did the contest go last Sat.?? D13 was at the STAR for dinner and don't think he knew about it down there.

Brian

It was a great turn out. There was standing room only, plenty of grub, lots of antler entries, plenty of prizes, lots od beer and good people. Just had a hell of a good time. I've got pics of the bucks that won the contest. I'll send them to you sometime soon. fatrooster.

Hey man, just some info for ya, My dad and bro in law both have the Manfrotto and love it. It is heavier, but it is so smooth and solid. To answer your ?? from above it does turn down horizontal so you could use it as a rest if you wanted to.

}}-SLIVER-->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom