PISSED OFF!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

B

BoneJunkie

In November of 2008 my wife bought me some pictures from Kings and subscribed me to Hunting Illustrated for 3 years. Well the pictures came but no magazines. We waited a couple of months and when the magazine never showed up we started to call them to figure out why. They said there wasn't any published and they would get us one coming as soon as they had a new issue ready to go. In the mean time they sold out to Christensens and magazines started to show up on the magazine racks at the local stores. Still no magazine in my mail box. Its been a year now and my wife called up Christensens and they said neither her name or mine is in the system for a magazine subscription. They said they would look into it and call back, well still no call back. What should I do? Did this happen to anyone else? Who is at fault?

I know that this is a long shot seeing as your wife subscribed more then a year ago. If you have a reciept showing that you subsrcibed you might have a better chance at getting your magazines. If you don't have a reciept and you paided for the subscription with a check or debit/credit card, you maybe able to use your statement to help get things resolved.

400bull

She did pay with a credit card. I guess I will call my bank and see if they can find the receipt for me.

I bought a two year subscription about a month ago from Christensens arms website. I have not recieved an issue yet. Have they put out a new magazine in the last month?
Thanks

Easy.
It's just money.
Get a refund & order a subscription from Hugh Hefner next time,He always delivers.

Yes they just put out a new one about the 1st of November. It has Steve Alderman from lowland mulies on the cover. That makes 3 issues that Christensens has put out.

Ramone thats why your alone dude, i'd much rather look at a real rack than all that fake jobs you look at. Ha

When they bought the company (name and such), they (almost certainly) assumed the liabilities as well. If you have a receipt, canceled check or CREDIT CARD RECEIPT, they are responsible and will probably deliver.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Many companies only buy the assets and branding so it is not necessarily true that they bought the liabilities also. It depends on what the sales agreement says.

actually, crying on a hunting forum will do something.... i just got the "Kings 2009 hunting and gift catolog" in the mail and was going to order some stuff out of it.....now they will not get a dime of my money.

I subscribed over a year ago...long story short, after six months of no magazines, and countless phone calls and emails I finally got a hold of Mr. King himself. He promised me three FREE years of subscription for my troubles and all the back issues I missed. I never received any back issues, and I doubt I will see the free three years after the buy out from Christensen's. I'm sure that info will be conveniently lost in their system!

If you bought it with your credit card, it is possibly gauranteed by the credit card company. Check with them, we all know they should do something to earn your business.

You only have so many days to dispute a charge on your credit card. You would be better off looking through the old card statements and find the one with the charge in it and send a copy to Kings.

Kings does some neat stuff, but I don't think the company was run very well. I called their 1-800 number to order some stuff one day and they had a option on their automated phone menu that said something like "if we owe you money press 3", that option came before the option to talk to an operator to order merchandise. Not a good sign. I also had a couple other dealings with Kings where I wasn't too impressed. Good luck on getting your magazines.

Dax

Well when you 'hull it down to the cob'....this sounds like a lack of character on Kings part...that seems to be a frequent problem now adays.

the same thing happend to me. I bought a one year and that was about 9 months ago. When I go to the sci convention I will talk to them face to face.

Bonejunkie, wildarrow, elknut209

Sorry guys, don't know your real names to try and follow up directly. If you have any questions on your subscription please drop me an email -

editor(at)huntingillustrated.com

change (at) to @

Thanks
Dave

i love kings camo! but it seems everytime i try and order something its not availabe or out of stock! why leave the money on the table for someone else to take! i do belive it is a little overpriced as well, but ive still bought it. but lately seems like ill be doin busines elsewhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom