Pine Ridge Fire Western Colorado

BeanMan

Long Time Member
We've got a new fire just 10 miles North of my house, it's getting ready to jump Interstate 70 at Debeque, if it does that it will burn for a long ways. At least it's burning away from us. Yesterday it was 50 acres, now it's 3000.

from my back yard:

008-2.jpg

There are so many fires in the west right now, it's insane!.. Keep safe and keep us posted

The fire has layed down, the day had very little wind which has helped. It's over 15,000 acres so far.

Rifle is a little north of straight east of Debeque. The is being called a lightning strike fire.

The part of the fire that was touching I-70 was at mp54 and, I think, West Rifle is mp84 and the main Rifle exit is mp88.

I was out there last night...the dern DOT wasn't allowing any stopping and standing. RATS!!! and Double RATS. But, I did notice that they were taking pics as they were making sure nobody stopped to watch.

Twas interesting watching the Helos scooping water from the Colorado. I saw a slurry bomber pull out of his last run and that was it as it was getting dark.

Some idiot from California didn't like me driving 40mph and weaving into his lane while he was trying to pass. He shouldn't be driving the speed-limit anyways. The rascal honked his horn at me and my feelings were hurt ;)

The fire was able to jump the railroad in a few spots, but it didn't get close to the river, or I-70. If it does, and IF it can climb the canyon on the other side....it will have crossed a major barrier in it spreading. But, I don't see that happening.
John 14:6

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom