Pictures are needed

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I understand that one , so I didn't take one until the job was done. We don't have irrigation, or a sprinkler system , and only 2 outside faucets.
My wife ( I don't blame her ) had 650 feet of water hose, and 500 feet of soaker hose to water the garden and flower beds. A four- way connection for hoses, and 2 timers ( D- Cell ). The soaker hoses were covered by vines from all plants and fed through bottoms of trellises.
? it was fun rolling it all up. Next spring I will install a system.

Last edited:
I understand that one , so I didn't take one until the job was done. We don't have irrigation, or a sprinkler system , and only 2 outside faucets.
My wife ( I don't blame her ) had 650 feet of water hose, and 500 feet of soaker hose to water the garden and flower beds. A four- way connection for hoses, and 2 timers ( D- Cell ). The soaker hoses were covered by vines from all plants and fed through bottoms of trellises.
? it was fun rolling it all up. Next spring I will install a system.
What?

A marijuana garden? I see those all the time.

Here's a photo of a 500' roll of water hose since you don't have one.

half-inch-polyethylene-pressure-compensating-drip-line-91559.jpg

Got a camera so we can see a picture of your hose??....it would mean so much more.....eel's hose doesn't count....

A marijuana garden? I see those all the time.

Here's a photo of a 500' roll of water hose since you don't have one.

View attachment 123920
That would be better, lol. At least I wouldn't have hard water welding those connections.
I broke two connections that wouldn't disconnect when I used adjustable pliers .
Maybe I should have had Bess as he is the plumber.
At least it's my hose I'm messing with. Lol

Last edited:
That would be better, lol. At least I wouldn't have hard water welding those connections.
I broke two connections that wouldn't disconnect when I used adjustable pliers .
Maybe I should have had Bess as he is the plumber.
At least it's my hose I'm messing with. Lol
I've never had a hard time separating hoses before.

I've never had a hard time separating hoses before.
Your welds were most likely from electrolysis, happens when two dissimilar metals are touching for too long.
I assume it was an aluminum female thread on a male brass thread?
Next spring put some anti-seize on the threads and it should help bust and it should let you bust them apart come fall.
Good luck!

Your welds were most likely from electrolysis, happens when two dissimilar metals are touching for too long.
Next spring put some anti-seize on the threads and it should help bust and it should let you bust them apart come fall.
Good luck!
You are right, I should have remembered that from all the training I had in electrical theory 30 years ago. I'm not being sarcastic. I agree. Thanks , I will tell the Mrs.

One of the biggest problems they have here is bears biting the water lines. It's hard to bury a half mile of water line.

One of the biggest problems they have here is bears biting the water lines. It's hard to bury a half mile of water line.
I wish I had a field of cannabis, lol. I don't like being stoned so I wouldn't anyway. Maybe when I'm retired and arthritis gets bad I will give medical canni a try.
As far as turds from Dogs, you should see my back yard Bluehair - my wife lets the 11 hens out when the garden is harvested. I have two weeks of chicken turds back there. You have to wear poop boots . Take them off on the deck. I hate chicken and dog poop.

Good luck!
Thanks for this bit of information MrShane. It explains why I’ve done the same things to my fitting, as DM did to his…. getting my hoses separated. Simple solution……… no more aluminum fitting around here. I’ll cut the damn things off and live with the retrofit brass replacements.

I wish I had a field of cannabis, lol. I don't like being stoned so I wouldn't anyway. Maybe when I'm retired and arthritis gets bad I will give medical canni a try.
As far as turds from Dogs, you should see my back yard Bluehair - my wife lets the 11 hens out when the garden is harvested. I have two weeks of chicken turds back there. You have to wear poop boots . Take them off on the deck. I hate chicken and dog poop.
Chicken turds are the hottest natural fertilizer you can put on a garden in my neighborhood. Careful how you treat those hens DM.

For sure, the backyard grows like mad. I mow about every 5 days each summer. I fertilize the front yard and it doesn't grow near as much, but the shade from the trees is part of that. My wife treats the hens really well. They get garlic and organic vinegar in their water for parasites, grubs along with high protein feed and scraps and she has me rototill the chicken run so they can get dust rubs. Feeds them egg shells we save for calcium supplement. ISA Browns are our best layers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom