Phone APPs

tracker12

Very Active Member
There was a post goig around that discussed smart Phone app for hunting. Anyone have the link or have any apps they would recommend.

Smart phone apps for hunting?
What does it do?
Carry my deer out of the field, I hope.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-12 AT 08:20PM (MST)[p]I currently use an app called My Tracks. Tracks you trails as you go, gives you the option to set waypoints and also navigate to friends in the area if they need help with a downed animal or injury. When my biddy shows up he helps carry the deer. Works for me.

Too bad smart phones eat batteries like Chubby eats ice cream sandwiches.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Strelok for android. Great ballistics program, easy to use and quite accurate.....

-Mtngoat

Doesn't My Tracks require you to have phone service? I didn't think it allowed you to store maps on your phone for offline use. There is no service where I hunt which is why I love Backcountry Navigator.

Another one that would qualify, would be the the App for Spot. It does require you to have the Spot Communicator, but enables you to send custom sattelite text in addition to the norm Spot features. One thing that is cool about that, is it can update your location on a map that your wife or family and friends can track from home via Google Earth as well as let you update Facebook; though I probably wouldn't use that function (dont want my "Secret" spot to become public knowledge, afterall - LOL).

?-ERock-> ?

>Strelok for android. Great ballistics program,
>easy to use and quite
>accurate.....
>
>
>-Mtngoat

wow, that's a great app!!! thanks for the tip. been looking for an app like that for awhile!

These are the two that I use and battery usage is not that bad on my DroidX. About the same as my GPS
Stop Global Whining

Strelock is great and very accurate, I have all my guns plugged in. It does not use that much battery life compared to roaming...

Stop Global Whining

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom