Phesant hunt 09

B

bigthree

Cant wait less than a month away we will be in winner south dakota hunting the ditch chickens we brought back a limit of birds last year cant wait

Bigthree, so whats the pheasant hunting really like out there? Is it all that its hopped up to be? My dad, grandfather, bro-in-law, two friends and I booked a spring goose/pheasant hunt with Dakota Hunting Farms in Hecla SD. Will it rain geese and pheasant? I hope so because I can't wait.

Breacher

Ditch chickens in Utah, please do tell. I've been so wrapped up in Pine Chickens the last few years I forgot Utah had pheasant!

?Life is like a ten speed bike. Most of us have gears we never use!?

Breach,
I watched a video tape of a friend of mine that went to SD 2 years ago. He shot video of a haystack that was a block long. The top of it was lined with roosters!!! Not hens but roosters. There had to be 100 roosters on that pile of hay. He also had video of pheasants running down the road in front of the truck. It looked like they were herding them. I know you're damn lucky to have a 2 bird flush in Utah and when I went to Kansas I had several 30+ bird flushes. I literally sat in one place and reloaded 3 times (yes, I'm a crappy shot). I know bigthree can shoot. He will have to start with no shells in his gun to make it fair!LOL

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Pheasant hunting in the spring?,if you're hunting pheasants in the spring they're probably pen raised birds and why would you travel all the way to SD the shot pen raised birds? I hope they're not charging you anything for that. I'll be in ND the first 2 weeks of Nov waterfowl and pheasant hunting, can't wait.

I worked and hunted around Hecla, SD last year and the bird hunting; especially waterfowl hunting is good. A 3 rooster limit is possible each day with a good dog. Ducks and geese don't get much attention in that region of SD; pheasants are big thing. And the first couple weeks are busy with hunters. Last winter took a big dent in the pheasant population with the rough winter.

Leonard.

Ive never hunted there before. We got a smokin deal on the hunt which was donated to the safari club for a silent aution item. Its a 4 day spring pheasant and goose hunt. 3 pheasant per day and the goose limit is 20 per day. The way the lodge explained it to me, they do more goose hunting with morning and evening hunts and a pheasant hunt mid day. Should be a blast!

Wife just bought me a new dog, so with any luck you will be getting reports of SD and Kansas in the next season or two.
I'm looking forward to hearing how your hunts go. Post some pics.

Saturday morning I'll be hunting around Hoven SD. I've heard the outlook is good, though, lots of rain and cold right now...I'm a SD native, pheasant is my number 1 favorite hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom