PET PEEVES (HUNTING)

YukonDall

Long Time Member
YOU GOT ANY???? I GOT A COUPLE......I HATE WHEN OUTFITTERS WONT SHOW THEIR PRICES, I GO TO THE NEXT OUTFITTER,....WHEN PEOPLE PUT UP A HUNTING STORY BUT WONT SAY WHERE THE HUNT TOOK PLACE.....NEXT STORY, TRASH LEFT BEHIND, ROAD HUNTERS, GUYS THAT HUNT THAT DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THEIR GUN IS SHOOTING, BOW HUNTERS THAT WILL TAKE MOST ANY SHOT, PARTY HUNTING/IT SUCKS, GUYS THAT WONT TEND TO THEIR VEHICLES UNTIL THEY BREAKDOWN, THE BONE COLLECTOR CREW.....THEY NEED TO GET REAL JOBS, POINT CREEP,...JUST TO NAME A FEW. THANKS FOR THE RANT I FEEL BETTER..............YD.

Littering SOB's.

This last weekend i took my family to Skyline Drive (utah) to camp. There was SO MUCH litter it was sad. Beer cans and bottles everywhere. I took my 2 oldest boys and we walked the road by our camp, about 1/4 mile and picked up 3/4 of a 55 gal plastic bag full of garbage. Thats just 1/4 mile. DISGUSTING!!!

Probably my #1 pet peeve would have to be those hunters that complain about the "deer herd" non-stop yet they are the same guys who have never scouted a day in their lives and ride the dirt roads covered in orange from head to toe smoking and drinking....

There is a reason that you don't see any deer!

Trash is my number 1 issue. Why someone would leave ANY sign of their presence is beyond me.

Last year, some douche nozzles left half a large pizza, in the box, at one of my favorite scouting sites. I saw them do it. I picked it up and before I found a garbage can, I found their truck parked at a trailhead.

I took the pizza out of the box and put it on the windshield, cheese side down, under the wiper blade. Late, hot, September day........still makes me giggle!

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

1.)Guys that complain about other guys asking for info on a particular unit.

2.)BESS

M'Balz Es Hari

Point creep blows.Anyone looking at me through their rifle scope gets the favor returned.Inconsiderate a$$holes are probably my number one pet peeve,though.

I'll have ice cold Budweiser in the fridge, stop by on your way through town. "OK, Sounds good".

I've still got that skanky stuff in the fridge. :)

I don't like people being on MY mountain! So stay the heck off!! Except for

fireball! She would kick my azz if I tried to stop her!

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

#1!

Wisz not getting another TARDville LE Permit so I can take care of Business while He's gone!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

>Trash is my number 1 issue.
>Why someone would leave ANY
>sign of their presence is
>beyond me.
>
>Last year, some douche nozzles left
>half a large pizza, in
>the box, at one of
>my favorite scouting sites. I
>saw them do it. I
>picked it up and before
>I found a garbage can,
>I found their truck parked
>at a trailhead.
>
>I took the pizza out of
>the box and put it
>on the windshield, cheese side
>down, under the wiper blade.
>Late, hot, September day........still makes
>me giggle!
>
>"Being an idiot is NOT an
>art form. Give it up!"
>

Good Job Nick!! I hate those effing slobs.

people that think they can shoot something over a 1000 yards. sorry that's not hunting.

Yeah, i'll second the litter guys. I had a new buddy throw a soda can out my window once. I stopped the truck on a dime and made him go get it.

One of my peeves is how expensive it is to go hunting outa state. We used to make next to nothing for money but we always seemed to scrape up enough to go. Now, along with everything else, it takes a major commitment to save and do without in other places just to hunt one of the other states.

Back in the day, seemed like the guys with the least amount of money hunted the hardest and hit the most states. It was easy to go, sometimes at a quick invite or the drop of a hat.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

GOOD GAWD Do I need to Repeat myself?

TARDS Killing,Not Hunting,the First PISSCUTTER possible just to BRAGG they filled their GAWD-DAMNED Tag and then Top it off by saying:I needed the Meat,GEEZUS!

I also hate the litter bitches, the I can hit and kill anything at any range a$$ holes. But the one that tops it off. My family and I bow hunt Elk every year, Same spot, same tree stands over the same waterholes. Very seldom see anyone in " OUR" area. Took a friend with us 3 years ago and had a good time. He moved and didnt talk to him much after that for a while. The next year he showed up at camp ready to hunt.. And brought his new Friend, his daughter and her DAMN horse! Horse ##### all over our camp, he walked his buddy right to our waterholes and right under MY tree stand!! If i would have had 2 blunts instead of Razors...hell good for him I didnt have the razors and a shovel. Told him to take the F-in horse and his buddy and go, dont come back to my camp or there would be trouble

I hate it when people run their mouth about easy it is to draw a paticular unit that has high quality and/or high numbers of animals considering the ease of drawing, especially when it is the same unit I have been hunting! Keep your dam mouth SHUT!
I don't tell my own family members or best friends where I hunt unless they come with and then they are sworn to secreacy!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Good comments by all. I hate the trash anad the people who drive where they should not have a vehicle, especially all those ATV's and their tracks, noise, etc. (Can't believe BESS has not offered a tune up to somebody yet.)

But it makes me crazy to see the hunters that show up, can't see, can't walk, can't shoot, and talk like they are God's gift to the hunting world. I've seen guys that did not know how to load/unload their rifles. One guy turned his rifle upside down, opened the floor plate and started trying to load it through the bottom. I showed him how to load it through the top. And another guy did not know you could drop the floor plate and empty the magazine. So he was doing the John Wayne speed unload and shot a hole through two walls and the shower in our house. And this with big signs on every door saying "NO LOADED WEAPONS ALLOWED INSIDE." I have taken out 20-30 people through the years that could not hit the target at 100 yards off a bench rest. Simply amazing. Then they want a huge deer/elk/antelope. Talk about a challenge. Guys say "I'm in good shape" when I tell them they need to be able to cover at least 5-10 miles per day, maybe more. They show up and - seriously - have been 5'8" and over 300 pounds. Could barely get in the 1 ton Ford without a shove. I even had a lady one year that could not get in the pickup by herself. She was likely 5'3" and easily weighed over 300. Peed every 15 minutes and leaned off the rear bumper on my truck to do her business. Whole rear end of the truck went down 6" when she sat on it.

Anyway, wnen people are unable and also when they lie about physical abiliites and skills - it drives me NUTS! Sorry for the rant.

>I don't like people being on
>MY mountain! So stay the
>heck off!! Except for
>
>fireball! She would kick my azz
>if I tried to stop
>her!
>
>
>
>Don't drink and call your Girlfriend
>at night!!!!!!

Where is your mountain?

1. A hunter without bino's glassing me through his rifle scope.

2. Slobs that litter the hunting area.

3. Rent a horses that some outfitters use that are out of shape.

>I would have to say blowhard
>old windbags who keep talking
>about tuning up my wheeler.
>

Just keep taking it in to Closed areas!

You'll Damn sure find out real Quick that even though I have the Patent on the Tune-Up I'm not the only on Practicing it!

1. Litter.
2. Vehicles in areas closed to motorized traffic.
3. Hunters lecturing on the need for more mature bucks for the sake of the herd, who will kill as many mature bucks they can get drawn for any year and every year.

HOW ABOUT ......"TAG PIMPS".....WHERE DO WE STAND ON THIS ONE ???? I DONT THINK WE NEED THEM. !!!!

HOW ABOUT WOLF LOVERS........WE DONT NEED THEM EITHER !!!!..............YD.

All the stupid products and gimmicks out there (example, camo patterns, scentlok, scent spray, and other gadgets)

90% of the hunting shows are embarrassments or silly.

HEY NMPAUL.....EVER SEE THE COUGH SILENTER .....YOU PUT IN IN YOUR MOUTH TO QUIET YOUR COUGH WHILE ON A WHITETAIL STAND TYPE GADGET ?????? THE WHITETAIL BOYS SAY YOU CAN FLIP AROUND AND CATCH FART WITH IT ALSO. BUT THEN THEY HAVE TO BE CAREFUL AS TO WHICH END THEY USE THERE AFTER......................YD.

I don't know if I would call it a pet peeve but this really pissed me off. Last September, I went scouting with some of my buddies and paid for a big pizza for us to share. Well I wanted to do some hiking and didn't want to have pizza on my gut while I was doing it so I held off. I let my buddies drop me off at the trail head while I hiked back to the area where we wanted to scout. They were going to check it out for a while, go to the trailhead, hike another trail there and then come back and pick me up at the scouting site. I told them to leave what was left of the pizza at the pick up site and I could eat it when I got there while I was waiting for them.

Well, when I made it there, I saw that they had parked and left the pizza there right where I had told them to, but the pizza was gone! I was freaking starving by then and pissed off because I thought they had played a joke on me. Well, they came driving up a while later and I could see the windshield was all messed up. Turns out, they had seen this creepy looking old dude who is always hanging around that scouting area and they think he stole my pizza and hunted them down and stuck my pizza all over their windshield.

Yeah it pissed me off. Next time I see his truck, he just might get an arrow or two through his tires.

"Pics or it didn't happen!"

Little 2 feather......the joke is on you.......your " buddies" tossed your pizza into the sage brush......along with the box. ..........and their condom wrappers......after they packed your trail snack.

"Creepy looking old dude".....?
Arrows in my tires?

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

the ox claiming there is No Damage being done by TARDS on Wheelers in Closed areas!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-13 AT 11:42AM (MST)[p]I have noticed the closer to salt lake city you are during any hunt, the more likley you are going to see a lot of these pet peeves. The further away from salt lake city you still see some of these pet peeves, just not as many.

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-13
>AT 11:42?AM (MST)

>
>I have noticed the closer to
>salt lake city you are
>during any hunt, the more
>likley you are going to
>see a lot of these
>pet peeves. The further away
>from salt lake city you
>still see some of these
>pet peeves, just not as
>many.

Sad but so true!
Although you can see the poor behavior in about any neck of the woods.
Zeke

With plenty of primitive camping spots to be had, folks like to set up camp within 100 yards of my camp. I purposely set up with plenty of room so I can allow my dog a bit of freedom.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom